What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

gingerbee

I am thankful the city I live in doesn't have too many gang problems but there is a huge drug problem here, it seems no matter where you live there are drug problems.

I am super glad I don't live in a place any more that you have to worry about that shit too much, random shootings and shit like that, they're more likely to shot them selfs up here than others, seemed to me when I moved up here there were a lot of suicides and snowmobile accidents then others shooting each other

Izerous

Folding Team
it seems no matter where you live there are drug problems.
Took me a moment to find it but I spent grade 9 (9-12 school) at a Saint John Highschool... kids were already brining acid and pot to school and that was Y2K. End up in Drayton Valley for 10+ and Drayton Valley used to be called the drug capital of Canada. So much money used to flow through that town due to the booming oil field work, it has calmed down but there is still a pretty heavy HA presece in that area and the police don't do much about it. There are likley dozens of grow ops among other things in the surrounding area as well since it is semi isolate and there is a lot of land to set that kind of thing up on. But it wasn't one nieghbourhood or another in Drayton the town is so small that it was pretty much around the whole town.

The neighbour hood im in now in Edmonton day to day is pretty good the house across the alley they were all kicked out now it is pretty quiet. But there is still people randomly wandering the alleys in surrounding blocks. Can't leave a vehicle unlocked etc but i'm less concerned about a random druggy than anywhere I have lived in a long time.

That said a drug crazed guy just a couple days ago starting shooting a gun in a parking lot of his hotel and was shot and killed here is Edmonton but that was Calgary/Gateway and 54th give or take a bit where there are a bunch of run down hotels and it is an area known for issues.

There was also someone out of their mind running over motorbikes in a parking lot and nearly ran over a group of people. Drugs wouldn't surprise me if they were a factor in what happened there too.

Last edited:

crazyea

Was on the notify me when In stock for a case at newegg. Get an email today that it’s in stock. Shows in stock all day. Try to check out but I keep getting a can’t check out because item is out of stock error.

Corsair 7000d.

Izerous

Folding Team
Went for a walk with the family and came back and noticed a huge puddle under the truck (hadn't been driven for ~48h). 68,00km and 9 years later the transfer case is leaking pretty heavily and suddenly. Beyond having to do brake work and fluid changes I have not had to do a lot but I simply don't have the time to mess around with the truck and the one mechanic that I trusted to be fair etc closed his doors.

lowfat

Staff member
Putting the finishing touches on my water cooled light. Just securing some wires in place. Then I notice water under the light. But it is not leaking from a fitting or the seam where the end caps secure to the aluminum tube. Nope it is leaking from the layers of the 3d printed part. Rip it apart. And sure enough the shellac I used to seal the inside of the part has was completely washed away.

That was amber shellac as I couldn't find the shellac primer of mine. I have made some new end caps w/ it. Better not leak this time. :cautious:

Hmm, now that I think of it, it didn't leak when I did the testing last night. I added some trisodium phosphate to the loop as a galvanic corrosion inhibitor. Could maybe break down the shellac?

EDIT: Yup, it is the TSP. :(

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
That would definitely make sense since TSP is used as an industrial cleaner for oils. Most comon usage is for prepping walls to paint, as it removes anything/everything, so it arguably the best cleaner you can use in that manner.

Latest posts