What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

crazyea

Agree to disagree.
I agree that it is a business, I pay him rent and he provides then dwelling, but I also believe that I can have good relationships with the people that I do business with. I follow the tenancy agreement as set forth upon moving in, and I hold up my end by paying my rent on time and being a good tenant. I also feel that if you are going to get into being a landlord then you should also be ready to follow whatever regulations are in place. Constructive evictions just to make more money is shady and illegal. That being said, I have had several good relationships bordering on friendships, but just like at work, you truly are not friends and should act accordingly. Even though I don't feel that I need to pay any additional money, I do understand that the pandemic has affected some people such as landlords, and even though he is legitimately wealthy I offered to increase my rent by an amount that I felt was reasonable to me. Asking for 18% is ridiculous and now I have removed my offer and he will get 1.5% in January if he requests it properly. He has limited options going forward unless he is willing to move in here for 6 months. I highly doubt that since he lives in a wealthy area and this place is almost 40 years old.

gingerbee

Agree to disagree.
I am really wondering what you mean Sagath, do you mean, even if the tenant just pays the mortgage that clshades in the long run he is going to benefit cause the value of the said property will go up or do you mean any and all landlord are some way exploiting their tenants.

not trying to create a disagreement just curious as to your meaning

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Understanding this is a rants thread, but as I said, I'm going to agree to disagree based off my personal opinion. This conversation isnt going to go anywhere meaningful, and will just end up full of vitriol.

crazyea

Whatever we feel about Landlords or renters for that matter, both are valuable in our society. Landlords need Renters and vice versa. If you want my personal opinion, landlords should have to obtain a business license and follow proper concrete standards. As it is, it is way too easy for both parties to skirt the system. Landlords with their illegal evictions, and even the tenants that will move into a property and not pay rent for three months before being kicked out. People take advantage on both sides. That's why I feel that, when the relationship is working, both sides should really appreciate what they have. But that's just wishful thinking on my part.

crazyea

I am really wondering what you mean Sagath, do you mean, even if the tenant just pays the mortgage that clshades in the long run he is going to benefit cause the value of the said property will go up or do you mean any and all landlord are some way exploiting their tenants.

not trying to create a disagreement just curious as to your meaning
Any amount that the land owner doesn't have to pay is a benefit to him, including his mortgage, property taxes, maintenance, etc. The only way it would not benefit him is if it were completely free to the tenant. That rent is passive income. Pure and simple. That being said, he is not doing anything wrong and if he treats his tenant well, then great!

gingerbee

I also think that you guys/gals out West deal with a very different environment as landlords/tenants than where I am located in Ontario.

Yes Sagath I understand your point. 👍

Mr. Friendly

SMAZOLY!!! We bought as top end Epson WF-C5790 to print out our grandkids homeschooling paperwork. last year my grandson did grade 1 and there wasn't that much, to be honest. my granddaughter starts Kindergarten this year and I swear I have printed MORE for the first semester than I did for his entire G1 year.

glad I paid the extra to buy the model that came with 2 years ink and if you use more, Epson will reimburse us. :D

Solace

Actually, after Sept. 1st of this year, the claim is 2 Years worth of rent now + Damages. Just note that for the damages, you only get approx 25% as the rest goes into a fund.
I leaned this because it is literally what I am going through right now, and what prompted me to buy a house.

-ST
Nice, I await some dingus to try and pull this on me. I would happily go through the process for 40-60k. Hell I did it just for a damage deposit many years ago.

Solace

Landlords arnt anyones friend. They're running a business, and making money off the backs of renters.

They're not going bankrupt by being landlords. Its a toxic enviroment, and (IMHO) terrible for a society to allow the exploitation to continue as it has.
Its no different than apartments, apartments at least are a regulated buisiness with captiol to expend in most cases. Housing is just worse because most home owners have zero financial/business education and then end up divorced or something and fail to maintain a mortgage leaving no money to repair stuff and will resort to abuse and scummy tactics. I helped someone find a place last month and 3/5 people were actually just scum. One moron tried to ask for 100$ application fee, I told him to piss off in person in front of other applicants who walked out. The other wanted SIN numbers and drivers license. I filled out the form in full for them leaving "go fuck yourself" in both fields. Oh yea and bank information was requested on that one too lmao. If I had more free time I probably would ensure no one rents that unit, ever.

Shadowmeph

trying to find head phone ear pad cover for my older corsair head phone
alxo trying to figure out what I can use my old intel 2500k system for its a great syst6em just dated not sure if I should just use it as a small personal home data server or what