What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

Shadowmeph

I would logically think that with the graphics card prices being the way they are that the MB and cpu prices would drop to attract people to there stores

FreeKnight

I would logically think that with the graphics card prices being the way they are that the MB and cpu prices would drop to attract people to there stores
Not sure I agree. With the overall silicone shortage and the massive demand from the 'work from home' shift, I doubt there's any pressure to drop prices on any component save old tech or accessories they're not able to move (aka normal clearance procedure).

From a consumer point of view, sure it'd be nice to see a drop, but intel/AMD and the MB board partners aren't going to take a hit on their CPUs or MBs just because GPUs have gone bonkers.
Hell a number boards of the companies that are both GPU partners and MB suppliers are probably pinching their flank with glee when they see quarterly statements

Shadowmeph

Not sure I agree. With the overall silicone shortage and the massive demand from the 'work from home' shift, I doubt there's any pressure to drop prices on any component save old tech or accessories they're not able to move (aka normal clearance procedure).

From a consumer point of view, sure it'd be nice to see a drop, but intel/AMD and the MB board partners aren't going to take a hit on their CPUs or MBs just because GPUs have gone bonkers.
Hell a number boards of the companies that are both GPU partners and MB suppliers are probably pinching their flank with glee when they see quarterly statements
I was think more in line of less people buying because of less gpus so they ( meaning the stores ) would drop the prices of other components like mbs and CPUs to draw in customers there seems to be allot more of CPUs and MBs out there then GPUs

sswilson

Staff member
Probably based on old school don't-use-windows-to-update-your-bios thinking from the '90s, but I still get unreasonably nervous while doing firmware updates through windows update..... :)

gingerbee

I have used these methods for several years now and I still feel odd doing it. mostly on laptops and stuff cause I still try to use bios because UEFI boards make it so easy, well most of them

Solace

Speedpass is ending for esso and no station near me has a working redemption tablet

Think I have to drive to burnaby to get 200$ in free swag from the store :/, wish another company was near me since esso is god awful.

crazyea

You can still collect pc points at esso or redeem.

I personally like chevron but their rewards program is the worst I’ve ever been involved in. Lol If you have cibc you can link to get an extra per litre discount.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
1Z30434EDG11469977

My laptop shipping via UPS. Can someone please explain how this is anything close to efficient or timely? Looking at 17 days to get my item now...and it was literally in my city this morning. :mad:

crazyea

1Z30434EDG11469977

My laptop shipping via UPS. Can someone please explain how this is anything close to efficient or timely? Looking at 17 days to get my item now...and it was literally in my city this morning. :mad:
To be fair most of the time was spent over seas. It's only been in NA for 3 days. Plus it's world ease so there are many packages within the shipment. The question is, what was the ETA when you ordered and is Oct 4 within that timeframe?

Your wait is almost over.

Shadowmeph

stupid dashboard light on my car with message saying check system, I use my scan tool it picks up nothing. I really do not care for extra things on vehicle's its probably one of those tire pressure battery is dead which probably will cost me allot of money just t o replace

Latest posts

Twitter