What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

JD

Staff member
I am using PfSense and the DNS blocker. But not very aggressive blocking done on it. At least not for generalized ads. Can't find any with Newegg + PfBlocker.
Not Newegg domains though... they have a ton of tracking elements. If I pull up Dev Tools, I have 124 errors/warnings of things being blocked, mostly by Edge's tracking prevention and DNS, AdGuard extension only shows 31.

Probably something else though, maybe you were clicking too fast :ROFLMAO:

Shadowmeph

I am using PfSense and the DNS blocker. But not very aggressive blocking done on it. At least not for generalized ads. Can't find any with Newegg + PfBlocker.

No VPN.

Just browsing cases.
I want to make one of these but then I would have to use one of my Old pcs which uses more juice then necessary, I wished I could use one of my old laptops then bridge ( I think it s called that) my router for wifi, back 2013-15 I used to use smooth wall I think it was called that.

sswilson

Staff member
Google's push to force 2Fa on all accounts has got steam coming out of my ears!!!!

just make sure you keep your phone handy (or something to that effect)

That's the problem!!!! Some folks (like my better half) don't typically have their phone handy 24/7, and even if they do, what about the folks who don't have data and only use data when they connect to wifi at home????

So now I'm stuck with some kind of stupid freaking countdown on my better half's phone that's making it sound like there isn't going to be an opt-out option when it counts down to zero......

JD

Staff member
Google's push to force 2Fa on all accounts has got steam coming out of my ears!!!!
This is a good thing as your email account is your most sensitive IMO. It's the "gateway" into all your accounts.

I'll agree it's a bit annoying. I told it to use my Pixel as the token, but then it tries to connect over Bluetooth I guess when I'm on my PC/Laptop/etc and rarely works. Then I need to go to another device and get a 1-time code instead...

sswilson

Staff member
But again... it's so focused on the idea that everybody has a phone handy (and a data enabled one at that). That is not the case for a not insignificant percentage of the folks with google accounts.

Shadowmeph

But again... it's so focused on the idea that everybody has a phone handy (and a data enabled one at that). That is not the case for a not insignificant percentage of the folks with google accounts.
I have an old galaxy core no data plan if I need a new phone it is going to be rough because I cant afford well not actually worth it for me to spend that kind of money for something that I only talk and text with and sometimes use the Kore app for my kodi box, most people out there seem to be and probably are abdicated to there phones.

JD

Staff member
a data enabled one at that
Is that a requirement? I thought you could pick SMS codes too (though arguably extremely unsecure). You should also be able to install Authenticator/Authy/etc to generate codes too.

sswilson

Staff member
Is that a requirement? I thought you could pick SMS codes too (though arguably extremely unsecure). You should also be able to install Authenticator/Authy/etc to generate codes too.

I'm assuming the default is for authenticator. How about "call my land line with a code" as an option? All of your options assume a standard prepaid cell account (A paygo SpeakOut account has no data and costs money for SMS).

They appear to be pushing this out to folks who have an active android phone with the same account without any consideration as to what type of account that phone is on.

Press earlier this year suggested that folks will be able to opt out of this, but for the moment there doesn't appear to be an option to do that.