What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

sswilson

Staff member
Google's reminding me that 2FA is strongly recommended and that they're going to turn it on automatically by a certain date... wait... what????

I gave in and enabled that months ago, WTH do my account settings no longer reflect that, and WTH is their system to enable it broken if I try to select a land line as my backup?

Lysrin

Lots of us touched by those diseases. They're horrible. I have heard it said that Altzheimer's and dementia are kind of like losing your loved one twice; once when the disease takes over, and again when they finally die. Hard business. And I would think that Lou Gehrig's disease is a similar experience, but the brutality of that one is that the person doesn't lose their mental abilities right? Just the rest of the body shuts down? Terrible on a whole other level again.

Sorry for your experiences and loses guys.

clshades

Lots of us touched by those diseases. They're horrible. I have heard it said that Altzheimer's and dementia are kind of like losing your loved one twice; once when the disease takes over, and again when they finally die. Hard business. And I would think that Lou Gehrig's disease is a similar experience, but the brutality of that one is that the person doesn't lose their mental abilities right? Just the rest of the body shuts down? Terrible on a whole other level again.

Sorry for your experiences and loses guys.

Lou's the mind remains the body goes away. She begged for death before she died. If I caught anything like that I'd be wanting the same honestly. Go out on my own terms.

FreeKnight

ALS is horrible and should alone explain why medically assisted death is a right. Telling people they have to just accept they're going to become prisoners in their own flesh because of another person's religious or spiritual belief is a travesty.

There's not many diseases I'd say I'm afraid of getting, but ALS is probably top of the list for 'please don't let me get it'.

Shadowmeph

I suffer from " Old-timers" I forget things all the time or things are on the tip of my tongue.
MY Grandmother also moved on because of dementia the strange thing is that when I visited her she remembered me always but hardly anyone else in the family but I think that she was seeing me as a child.

gingerbee

Ya, My wife's grandparents are both in a special greek nursing home cause they both have severe dementia and they were born on Lesvos a small island just off of Turkey. My wife's father is always bugging her to call her Yaya and Papou, her Papou remembers her but her Yaya always thinks she is her cousin, when she explains to her who she is and what her name is she freaks out and cries for hrs cause she can't remember her grandkids but by the next day its all back to normal cause she can't remember her again.

Their rooms are next to each other but a lot of the time she says "that strange man is trying to hold her hand and stuff" but she feels really bad not being nice to the man next door but if her husband finds out he would be very upset and points to the picture she has from when they were kids in Lesvos they have been married since there early teens, sometimes she cries when she looks in the mirror cause she says it's not here looking back its some old lady, she thinks she 18 still and shows a picture of her and her husband when she was around that age and says "that's me I don't know who is in the mirror". It was even harder when they were still at their home because only her son and husband speak greek and a lot of the time she can't remember that she can even speak English and falls back into greek all the time halfway through what she's talking about and if she starts asking about her kids oh boy, my wife's uncle died a few years back, she can't remember so when they have no choice but to tell her she goes through all that trauma again so they really try not to have to do that. its really just so sad

sorry to all those that lose loved ones in this manner

Latest posts

Twitter