What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
ok this is turning into a ruff week my mother is now in the hospital cause she got hit by a car so far is looks like a broken shoulder and fucked up leg but besides that she is getting a ct scan and x-ray. wtf
oh snikey! nake sure they look at her head!!! TBI don't need any external evidence to be there. a concussion can fester into something much worse if not recognized and treated accordingly.

let her know you're got friends rooting for a quick recovery!

gingerbee

ya its one of the first things they did cause she hit hear head pretty hard, but I wont know more till I talk to her since all she has told us is very little since she in the hospital

gingerbee

So good news is she only has a broken nose but they also find out she has had a couple of mini-strokes and they haven't affected anything she would notice she needs to get on that with her doctor, but luckily she wasn't hurt a lot more since she now 72 going on 73 in a month, blacks eyes and really stiff but she will be ok in a couple of weeks

clshades

So good news is she only has a broken nose but they also find out she has had a couple of mini-strokes and they haven't affected anything she would notice she needs to get on that with her doctor, but luckily she wasn't hurt a lot more since she now 72 going on 73 in a month, blacks eyes and really stiff but she will be ok in a couple of weeks
Head injuries can manifest later, like a month or two later. If she gets bad headaches or gets dizzy out of the blue make sure she gets checked out. My mother took a good wack to the head and it was a month later she started having some issues.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
Head injuries can manifest later, like a month or two later. If she gets bad headaches or gets dizzy out of the blue make sure she gets checked out. My mother took a good wack to the head and it was a month later she started having some issues.
I have a buddy who was in a bad car accident. he was checked up at the hospital and released and then about 6 months later, he almost turned into a vegetable. he's a lot better than he was, but holy cow is he worse off than me, on meds for seizures and all sorts of stuff now. my crash, it was obvious something had happened and things were wrong. 5 days of ICU and then another 2 weeks of special care before I was released. both of us have the same level of memory issues...and damn do I loath aphasia. as bad as it was, I am happy to say the personality changes that come with a TBI changed me into a better person from the a**h***e I was before. or so I'm told...I don't really remember. :p

gingerbee

ya she has to follow it all up with her doctor cause they also found signs of mini-strokes they said, they did say that it looks like a stroke from a long time ago but she has to get a full workup from her doctor so far she ok and were keeping a close eye on her.

to add to all the shit my family is going through we just got news about my uncle who were doubtful if he makes it till Xmas then my other uncle calls my mother yesterday which I didn't have a chance to hear because of the accident only to find out later that my cousin is in full liver failer and doubt she will be alive in a couple of weeks at most so going to be a really ruff Xmas on my extended family with 2 funerals to go to right before or after Xmas, the liver failer was caused by her drinking she was told many years ago to stop or it will kill her and she just couldn't get it under control. just been a really ruff year for my whole family thanks all just need to spill it cause as much as I haven't really spent time with any of these people since I was a kid its been really hard on the older member of my family, sorry anyone has to go through family member passing yes its a part of life but doesn't make it any easier as we all know. best wishes to all, thanks

Last edited:

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
I bought a new pair of ski boots, locally, on Saturday.

Monday an online retailer put them on sale for 20% off. Ski boots almost never go on sale at this time of year.

Ski boots are also not cheap (my pair were $900) so 20% is a lot of cash.

:mad:

sswilson

Staff member
I bought a new pair of ski boots, locally, on Saturday.

Monday an online retailer put them on sale for 20% off. Ski boots almost never go on sale at this time of year.

Ski boots are also not cheap (my pair were $900) so 20% is a lot of cash.

:mad:

It's within a week.... shouldn't you be able to return them (or is there a process on the innards that forms to your feet and thus can't be returned)?

Latest posts