What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

clshades

the house we're in was built in 1911 or 1914, depending on the document you look at, both of which are from the City of Rupert, LoL! anyhow, but for the few windows my FiL updated when they moved in here 30 years ago, they're mostly still ancient single pane picture windows in most rooms. not original mind you...but none-the-less, ancient. oh...why did I share this? I don't have to battle bugs at night, LOL!
Those old houses are.peetty loose for airflow and holes etc. it probably has or used to have a cold closet for canned fruit and veg somewhere near the kitchen.

sswilson

Staff member
Recent android cloning features for new phones are pretty neat, but holy crap does watching what's installing ever highlight how much proprietary crap is transferring over from older phones. :)

Izerous

Folding Team
Recent android cloning features for new phones are pretty neat, but holy crap does watching what's installing ever highlight how much proprietary crap is transferring over from older phones. :)
That was something I really liked about the LG phones LG3-> LG4-> LG5 etc. Tap them together set them down and check on them and the transfer would be done. It works on newer Samsungs and stuff but kinda feel like LG had it polished a bit better and less friction.

sswilson

Staff member
That was something I really liked about the LG phones LG3-> LG4-> LG5 etc. Tap them together set them down and check on them and the transfer would be done. It works on newer Samsungs and stuff but kinda feel like LG had it polished a bit better and less friction.

I suspect it's baked into Android 14+. Both the samsung and oneplus phones had their own cloning apps, but I was presented with the option to clone my existing phone early on without using the oneplus software.

Everything seems to be going well, VoLTE is being displayed as operational on the Koodo network (Apparently the rogers network is iffy) but I'm not sure on if Wifi Calling is working (my reception is too good for that :) ).

I also managed to download and install the huawei health app and paired my (aging) first gen Huawei GT "smart" watch.

Only thing that I'm missing so far is the option to launch a specific app when it connects to the BT of my car. I'll have to do some digging but so far I haven't found that option on this particular phone so I may have to (gasp..... ) manually launch my music app when I first start out.

Brightness is crazy good.... so good that I doubt I'll need the shade I'd printed off for my samsung S20 FE 5G for use while driving.

edit: Confirmed wifi calling is working. The setting to enable it is through the SIM itself.

Last edited:

gingerbee

Android clone software has been part of Android since 9-10, I only use vanilla Android and it has always been there since I started buying Umidigi phones which run vanilla. it's not as simple as tapping them to each other, still pretty simple.

sswilson

Staff member
Holy cwap it's hot!!! (And supposed to be even hotter tomorrow).

I'd imagine there's a ton of watts being sucked down to power all of those recently installed heat pumps....

clshades

This abomination of wiring to the new and improved. It was a real head scratcher to figure out and lots of f@#ks given.

1000005951.jpg

Attachments

• 20240604_155136.jpg
    20240604_155136.jpg
    389.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 20240604_155144.jpg
    20240604_155144.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 20240619_123530.jpg
    20240619_123530.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240619_174937.jpg