What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

Shadowmeph

Heh... I suppose a comment about how they used urine as an anteseptic during WWI won't change your mind?

well that would have been a bad thing because natives used to urinate on there Pungie sticks and to cause infection

chrisk

Folding Captain
Wow, yeah I haven't gotten my script yet but I can only imagine once its filled what happens when I lose them. Mine are custom too, two different lenses because one eye is 60% and the other is 85% lol. So I hear ya there.

Note to self, I still need to make it out that way for a beer. Long overdue,

-ST

I have been trying to find a way to get out that way for a road trip. I have a feeling that I might teach some folks a thing or two about liver abuse.

Hell, I could probably sell my used underwear then....

well that would have been a bad thing because natives used to urinate on there Pungie sticks and to cause infection

Oh dear lord....
Is this a bad time to make a mom joke? I dunno the mood around here this evening. The Guinness is dulling my spider senses.

G

Wow, yeah I haven't gotten my script yet but I can only imagine once its filled what happens when I lose them. Mine are custom too, two different lenses because one eye is 60% and the other is 85% lol. So I hear ya there.

Note to self, I still need to make it out that way for a beer. Long overdue,

-ST
I only use one contact, no point even trying to get one manufactured for the left eye since I need a corneal transplant before they can even consider a lens fitting and staying in that eye.
I have a genetic disorder so I am by no means a normal case, even in the disorders field I am way beyond 99% of most ppl that have the same condition, yeah should not have kept saying it is just age.

Steve: Yeah I know and TBH I probably would be fine with just cleaning them but seeing ( no pun ) that that I am blind in the other eye I am not willing to risk it.

I still use crazyglue to stitch myself when needed , makes wicked temporary stitching. Mind you the ER tends to freekout when you tell them thats what you used but hey that is what it was for right?

chrisk

Folding Captain

Shadowmeph

that makes sense but for it to be in the blood stream would probably be a bad thing lol

Oh dear lord....
Is this a bad time to make a mom joke? I dunno the mood around here this evening. The Guinness is dulling my spider senses.
I had to reread what I typed lol

Soultribunal

Staff member
I only use one contact, no point even trying to get one manufactured for the left eye since I need a corneal transplant before they can even consider a lens fitting and staying in that eye.
I have a genetic disorder so I am by no means a normal case, even in the disorders field I am way beyond 99% of most ppl that have the same condition, yeah should not have kept saying it is just age.

Steve: Yeah I know and TBH I probably would be fine with just cleaning them but seeing ( no pun ) that that I am blind in the other eye I am not willing to risk it.

I still use crazyglue to stitch myself when needed , makes wicked temporary stitching. Mind you the ER tends to freekout when you tell them thats what you used but hey that is what it was for right?

Oh wow, was not aware of all that. I might bitch about my issues but losing vision is pretty major. sorry to hear. Hopefully all stays as well as it can be.

-ST

Shadowmeph

I used to never really think about my vision but not I cann't even clearly read a printed page of a book which means I need to get off of my Butt and see an eye doc . the strange thing is that I never noticed because I have in the past few years mostly read off of either my laptop or PC then a while back I decided to start reading again then realized my sight is going this actually scares me and made me become more aware of all of my senses.

Soullessone21

All I can hear is feedback... oh and white noise :p and for some reason the song Short Change Hero and Take a Walk are playing in my head LOUDLY! :S:doh:

b1lk1

I have a major astigmatism that makes my right eye dramatically worse than my left. In fact, they are quite certain my left eye had no issues until the right took a dump and dragged it down with it. THis happened when I was 6 and considering I am 44 you do the math. Been wearing strong glasses my whole life, just got tested and once again I need slightly stronger glasses. Day's gonna come when they won't be able to correct my eyes, already giving up on close up as my eye's change back and forth far too much to nail that down.

Joys of aging.....

Latest posts

Twitter