What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

sswilson

Staff member
Just realised that we don't have a general Rant thread.

Got something to say (no flaming of other users please) that you don't want to open a new thread for... put it here!!!

sswilson

Staff member
Ok, I'll go first..... :bleh:

Why does a major player like ASUS have such a disaster for a website!?!?!?!?

You'd think that a big name like ASUS would have a top notch website to allow folks to get drivers/on-line support, but NOOOOOOOO, instead they've got a site that won't even load the regional page!!!!

C'mon ASUS get with the picture... this is completely unacceptable from a geek point of view.... take a page from AMD/ATI and get some bandwidth going. (Nothing warms the cockles of my heart better than a 1.7MB download speed for drivers! :) ).

MacJunky

Perhaps if they made their site less shitty and requiring less bandwidth there would be plenty to spare for downloads because people would not only have to click around less but even the limited pages they would be viewing would require less BW! It would be a win-win situation! ASUS spends less on bandwidth and the users get more download speed and less hassle.

tyreman

Ok, I'll go first..... :bleh:

Why does a major player like ASUS have such a disaster for a website!?!?!?!?

You'd think that a big name like ASUS would have a top notch website to allow folks to get drivers/on-line support, but NOOOOOOOO, instead they've got a site that won't even load the regional page!!!!

C'mon ASUS get with the picture... this is completely unacceptable from a geek point of view.... take a page from AMD/ATI and get some bandwidth going. (Nothing warms the cockles of my heart better than a 1.7MB download speed for drivers! :) ).

Simple if you go there for help or support you can't ever get there in the first place unless you are extremely lucky.:biggrin:

That way they can claim least amount of problems after the sale.
And if no one knows you needed anything then they can say and print what they want.

Mike_E

I can never reach any customer support personel over at Direct Canada, I've been on the phone already 2 hours!!!! and no response!!!!!! GOD!, that is the last time I'm buying from Direct Canada, they never call you back or have their own forums!!!

biff

It seems MOST major hardware manufacturers have dead slow websites, not just ASUS. It took me 26 minutes to download an audio driver yesterday from Gigabyte.

Now for my own rant:

The ACC really pisses me off, and not just the team that resisdes there! Most of the good seats are left empty, why?, because they are seasons tickets owned by business men that have more money then (well you know). And even when they are there at least occupying their seats, they may have well stayed home for all the cheering they do. I'm sure nothing motivates the Leafs more, or intimidates the opponents more than a guy sitting mere rows away... sitting quietly wearing a suit and eating sushi. :angry2::censored:

All the "real" fans are left to fight over the table scraps and pay way too much money for seats up in the nose bleeds if you can even get them, oh and did I leave out a pint cost $14 !?! They should at least have enough common decency to give their ticket to one of the kids in Sick Kids, or a friend, or the neighbour's kid, or call ahead to the ACC and notify them that their seat is available for sale for that event, or a random guy on the street, or heaven forbid actually show up and make some noise!

Those people truly are the black hole at the center of our hockey universe.

That felt good. Thanks for this thread!
Ryan

G

I can never reach any customer support personel over at Direct Canada, I've been on the phone already 2 hours!!!! and no response!!!!!! GOD!, that is the last time I'm buying from Direct Canada, they never call you back or have their own forums!!!
Cough, um you do know that HCF is linked as a community supported forum for DC?
Dont wast your time on the phone , drop a PM to http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/members/dc_support.html
DC_Support.
This more a thought of the day than a rant it sits on the door to the work trailer:

Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend you arm and bitch-slap that mother @#?!&* upside the head.
Pass it on.

Mike_E

Cough, um you do know that HCF is linked as a community supported forum for DC?
Dont wast your time on the phone , drop a PM to http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/members/dc_support.html
DC_Support.
This more a thought of the day than a rant it sits on the door to the work trailer:

Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend you arm and bitch-slap that mother @#?!&* upside the head.
Pass it on.

I've sent him a PM already :) Thank you though.

I finally got my tracking displayed at Purolators site :) Good start... in transit to puralots facility.... hopefully it will be at my doorstep by 5pm tomorrow :)

G

I've sent him a PM already :) Thank you though.

I finally got my tracking displayed at Purolators site :) Good start... in transit to puralots facility.... hopefully it will be at my doorstep by 5pm tomorrow :)
Yeah sorry saw that in another thread AFTER I posted this.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
My rant; Discovery Channel Canada. What a POS channel it has become with the bloody CanCon rules being imposed on it and their need to make money by offering all their GOOD programming to their specialty channels like Discovery Civilization. Meanwhile, we get endless repeats of Mythbusters (which isn't that bad) and ass-poor programming like Canada's Worst Driver / Handyman / Tim Hortons Booth Babe and Guinea Pig.

Did we EVER get Planet Earth? Nope? Did we EVER get and of the QUALITY programs put out by Discovery UK? Nope.

And the CRTC wonders why so many people are using black market satellite.....well, here is another one that is switching real soon. Come and get me. I dare ya.