What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

Soullessone21

Gahh, I've been iPhoned against my will. Told them I didn't want one, and I would pick my own Android phone that was cheaper.

Hey at least your not stuck with a iPhone,Android and soon to be Windows 8 phone all at once. I feel like a dealers with two phones already and three soon:doh:

BeaverBender

My rant is moderators on TECHNOLOGY forums that discrimate against people because they don't have their religious beliefs.

Soullessone21

WTF, how did that happen ? :haha:

When I worked with the apple team I bought a Galaxy S3 to kinda give them a big middle finger. Now I'm tuck with a contract haha

New job first day goes heres your new life line a iphone 4s with unlimited everything.

Now they want us all to have a work and personal phone paid by work as a gift which is a windows 8 phone :S haha

So now I can look like a dealer on the bus switching between phones haha

sswilson

Staff member
My rant is moderators on TECHNOLOGY forums that discrimate against people because they don't have their religious beliefs.

Really I would have thought tech forums would have a higher percent of non religious peeps?

Frankly, not a single person on these forums knows what my specific religious beliefs are so complaints assuming that I shut them down because I didn't like what they had to say are groundless (I'm agnostic at best, and definitely not very friendly to any organised religion if it matters that much).

The complaint is apparently directed towards my shutting down a line of posts (not deleting) which were approaching a point where some of our members were going to be either insulted or P'd off so I made the call to shut it down before it got to the point of me needing to start handing out infractions. As was pointed out, this is a technology website, why would we allow controvertial off topic subjects to cause issues between members?

edit:

With that said, if a member here has a problem with a staff member then take it to another staff member (or admin) via PM. Complaints like this are at best trolling, and at worst harrassment of staff (I wouldn't publicly post a complaint about a member, why wouldn't I expect the same respectful treatment?). Any similar public comments will be considered trolling and treated as such.

BeaverBender

Frankly, not a single person on these forums knows what my specific religious beliefs are so complaints assuming that I shut them down because I didn't like what they had to say are groundless (I'm agnostic at best, and definitely not very friendly to any organised religion if it matters that much).

The complaint is apparently directed towards my shutting down a line of posts (not deleting) which were approaching a point where some of our members were going to be either insulted or P'd off so I made the call to shut it down before it got to the point of me needing to start handing out infractions. As was pointed out, this is a technology website, why would we allow controvertial off topic subjects to cause issues between members?

edit:

With that said, if a member here has a problem with a staff member then take it to another staff member (or admin) via PM. Complaints like this are at best trolling, and at worst harrassment of staff (I wouldn't publicly post a complaint about a member, why wouldn't I expect the same respectful treatment?). Any similar public comments will be considered trolling and treated as such.

LMFAO… my you do have a large ego, don't you? My post has absolutely ZERO to do with you. As a matter of fact, I generally like the way you handle situations here… well, up until now :bleh: Like you said, how in the world would I know what your religious convictions are? BTW, you did just publicly post a complaint about a member without approaching that member first.

G

Religion is one of those topics that turn ugly fast, what one person thinks/believes can quickly be seen by other that dont share those same belifes as a attack. So yes I would say 90% of posts that touch on actual religions topics probably will get a warning of some sort. Or plain just shutdown to encourage them to continue there coruse enivitbly ends up with butthurt members. This has been the way from pretty much day one. At least day 37:whistle:

There is plenty of forums/site out there if members want to discuss religion, no need to discuss it here right? As you stated this is a tech forum.

As Steve stated if you have a problem whith how a Staff member handles the situation simply kick it to another Mod or a Admin. There are checks in place for this reason.

And before you moan about "The staff will just cover each others backs" I have to disagree, after all I am still here.:whistle:

Anyway Drama class over.

Guess it is time to switch my Sig back.......

Attachments

• SG Logon2.bmp
    366.3 KB · Views: 59

maverick_brent

LMFAO… my you do have a large ego, don't you? My post has absolutely ZERO to do with you. As a matter of fact, I generally like the way you handle situations here… well, up until now :bleh: Like you said, how in the world would I know what your religious convictions are? BTW, you did just publicly post a complaint about a member without approaching that member first.

I might be buying an infraction here but..
dude, stop trolling, i had a great debate with a reviewer from hwc regarding politics...it was heated and because it was such a passionate subject. it got shut down and deleted, (its a tech forum after all) and we carried on a little bit between pm's and we both agreed that none of it was a personal attack, just personal beliefs, and i am sure both of us are still super respectful of each other i think the mods are giving you that opportunity to do the same thing...take it or faces the consequences as wilson has said...they wont ban you because of pm's unless it gets to harassment or other serious issues

Latest posts