What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

MARSTG

You guys will take a beating on that. Montreal area started with freezing rain this morning instead of snow and the city didn't spread anything on the roads to help with grip! My adapted transport minibus couldn't take the usual route this morning we had to go around!

sswilson

Staff member
Would have been perfect curling out on the street if it hadn't been raining and blowing.... nice pebbled surface. :)

Looks like it's the entire greater moncton area that's down (35K being reported currently)...... Probably going to lose internet shortly.... :(

FreeKnight

So yesterday I go for Lasik in my left eye. I don't need glasses yet, but have some amblyopia. Vision's at least 20/20 as long as my right eye's open, but when I do need glasses I'll have a bubbles-esque lens in the left eye and next to nothing in the right. Surgery goes fine, I'm a model patient, no issues no complaints, follow instructions, etc. I didn't really experience any pain, just mild discomfort. We finish up and they put in a couple eyedrops and sit me in a dark room for an hour. About 5 minutes in the chair I go into shock. Not 'I don't feel so good' shock, full on shock. I pass out briefly in the chair, wake up shortly after confused and disorientated, am sweating buckets, shirt is drenched by the time I come to, can't hold my head up, shallow breathing and panting, nausea and if I would have needed to use the bathroom, I'm pretty sure I would have soiled myself. I end up laying on their couch, drinking some sprite and about 30 minutes later I'm okay. Apparently I was crazy pale.

Nope, it's not bungee jumping, paragliding, stunt flying, bobsledding, being set on fire, getting a pretty nasty slice at work or anything I've ever done that knocked me on my ass. Apparently it was an eye-drop and sitting in a dark room haha. Fine now, but I never felt so wholly awful in my life. Not a fault of the clinic or lasik team, just for whatever reason something really triggered badly a short while after the procedure.

turtletrax

Banned
Nope, it's not bungee jumping, paragliding, stunt flying, bobsledding, being set on fire, getting a pretty nasty slice at work or anything I've ever done that knocked me on my ass. Apparently it was an eye-drop and sitting in a dark room haha. Fine now, but I never felt so wholly awful in my life. Not a fault of the clinic or lasik team, just for whatever reason something really triggered badly a short while after the procedure.

Yikes, that doesn't sound like much fun at all.

Only thing that comes close for me is the day after I had surgery to remove impacted wisdom teeth, I woke up in a puddle of blood and went to the bathroom and passed out face first onto tile flooring. Wife got mad at me for pissing on the floor... Should have been a solid clue as to what marriage would be like :ph34r:

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
RIP (Rest In Pieces) ... :censored:

3-0charlie-albums-fs-picture1977-f1501.jpg