What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

JD

Staff member
Which were you testing? As someone who repairs Fujitsu and NCR self checkouts, they are pretty reliable. Especially the newer NCR units they 'recycle' cash (can take a $20 from one customer and give the next the same $20 for change).
Fujitsu, hadn't seen them in a while, but lately they've been back doing stuff with the recycler. I don't think we've deployed any yet, but I'm not directly on the project. We have the cashless (Mini-SCO) model too.

Valkyrie

Anybody else reboot their ISP provided router as per the FBI's suggestion?

edit: https://www.ic3.gov/media/2018/180525.aspx

Hrmmmm.... might have misunderstood what I was reading yesterday.... looks like they're only targetting the recommendation towards commercial hardware (including some NAS).

That said... a reboot doesn't hurt.

I'm actually surprised at the uptime I've seen with this Bell provided router.... it's been well over 2 years and outside of issues I had that ended up going away when I did a fresh install on my main PC, I don't recall needing to reboot the router even once.

edit2:

https://arstechnica.com/information...t-now-to-kill-malware-infecting-500k-devices/

My original source including a list of known affected hardware.

That was some interesting reading. If they have managed to get this bug onto ISP provided modem/routers it could be very bad indeed.

b1lk1

At least it waited until the warm wether to stop working, but our furnace is dead and we can't use the central a/c during this crazy hot week. We live in the middle of Lindsay so we get all the heatsoak from the traffic and pavement/buildings. Worst part is that the ductwork needs to be replaced as well as it is too small. Joy.......

enaberif

We want to do offsite backups to the cloud they said...

They don't realize they have 200gb to backup.

They say they don't care and do it anyways.

The internet connection is only 1Mbps.

Anyone else wanting to wait 10 days?

:rant:

enaberif

can you take a copy and back it up on a faster connection and then let it synchronize over the 1mbps?

Unfortunately its Azure and it requires a very specific client. My issue with taking a copy is that it becomes reliant on MY connection which is fine at the moment, but what if I leave and the next guy has a crappy internet connection.

Its finding a happy medium that will work for all situations.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Do what I do. 1TB portable drive that stays in my car overnight, then I run a backup every morning.

Shadowmeph

took truck to shop they are going to replace clutch so I decide to play divinity original sin 2 ( off work new couple days :) ) so I fire up game when I enter game it is mostly white. I look at the game version it is 3 146 or something like that I realize I need updates so I grab the updates install first second third fourth updates all in a row fire up game same thing white screen I get annoyed uninstall the game reinstall it then install all of the updates ... same thing white screen when trying to start game I shut down game restart the game look at the version and it is the first original version. I reinstall the updates making sure they are going to the right path restart the game same thing white screen when entering game .... I shut down the game again start it back up look at the version same version as the original... now I am going to install the first update fire load the game see it it updated then if it does I am going to repeat the process update start game. shut down game update game start game check version and do this until the game is completely updated grrrr

Latest posts