What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

sswilson

Staff member
no need for you got option to choose with or out

That's the issue though.... because of the bloody universal windows drivers the standard drivers won't install and require GFE to be installed to essentially brute force the installation of a current driver. Apparently once a "real" driver is installed via GFE the universal drivers won't attempt to install over them and GFE can then be uninstalled.

JD

Staff member
That's the issue though.... because of the bloody universal windows drivers the standard drivers won't install and require GFE to be installed to essentially brute force the installation of a current driver. Apparently once a "real" driver is installed via GFE the universal drivers won't attempt to install over them and GFE can then be uninstalled.
UWD is still really new, Intel and NVIDIA only just started using it, I don't think AMD has yet. I suspect once it matures, the files you download from NVIDIA and such will be the UWD version and it won't cause any issues. However, since UWD is designed around security, perhaps traditional web download won't even be possible anymore...

Shadowmeph

I went through similar thing on this older lap wouldn't install the old ATI drivers I just gave up because in my case I got frustrated after a a week off and on trying to install the driver I realised that I couldn't install the drivers in windows because they were to new and even after searching all over the place online and finding the newest version of the old ati mobility drivers I still couldn't install then . a little off topic here then because this laptop was freezing up once in a while ( I have a gut feeling thinking it was Windows 10) I installed Linux on the drive ( dual boot) and installed the raideon proprietary drivers everything is all good now.

gingerbee

omg home depot won't let me download the pdf for the new washing machine I have tried every way I know of using 2 different browsers still no luck. no option to download once open in chrome and when I right click there's the ption to save as just saves the damn weblink which is not good for me.

the good news is they're able to downloaded from Maytag. great service home depot

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
omg home depot won't let me download the pdf for the new washing machine I have tried every way I know of using 2 different browsers still no luck. no option to download once open in chrome and when I right click there's the ption to save as just saves the damn weblink which is not good for me.

the good news is they're able to downloaded from Maytag. great service home depot

I doubt stores like Home Despot or Home Hardware or even Rona really get much business through the web, so making sure hyperlinks and stuff are current is likely not a priority. annoying as heck though! :blarg:

JD

Staff member
I doubt stores like Home Despot or Home Hardware or even Rona really get much business through the web, so making sure hyperlinks and stuff are current is likely not a priority. annoying as heck though! :blarg:
I don't know about that... Lowes has online only after hour sales quite frequently throughout the year. Rona does as well (since it's the same company now) though not as frequent. I've ordered from HD, Lowes and Rona online though I had problems with Rona - they clearly didn't have stock on the recessed lights I wanted but they wouldn't give me an ETA or a refund. Tried to reach them by phone and was met with long hold times, so I opened a PayPal case and got a refund that way. So their online customer service might be lacking, but they promptly reply to PayPal cases :whistle:

gingerbee

WTF youtube has crashed chrome 3 times today and some vids won't even start unless I refresh them. That has been back and forth for months now, you would think youtube would have fixed it since it screws up ads which pay their bills

Shadowmeph

I hate it when I am trying to build and install sometehing one a Linux box and I get errors like this cmake ..
-- Using 32-bit toolchain
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:19 (project):
The CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER:
then someone says just download this file and it is an .exe file " I am using Linux not windows "

Latest posts