What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

Shadowmeph

So I ordered the keychron keyboard on Sept 25th and I haven't received any confirmation email from them at all so I emailed them asking whats up ( last Friday) and I still haven't received a reply but hey they charged me the 119 CAD for it . I was a little surprised at the 119 CAD when I was looking at the keyboard it said 88 but then there was a choice on the keys so I changed them and didn't notice the price difference. I really don't want to have to go through the hassle of cancelling this order but I just might have to and go for a online store I actually know answers me when I ask a question

gingerbee

Omg, So after all is said and done it turns out that zen 2 ( well mine at least ) doesn't like dual rank ram cause I am now running 3600mhz 2x8gb single rank no problem booted up no issues at all with that speed. So thinking I am just going to buy another set and run that for 32gb total that I would like for video editing and gaming

lowfat

Staff member
Still need to do more testing. But the 2x16gb Samsung b-die stuff I have is dual rank. Left for holidays, but I had done 4 passes of memtest86 at 3800MHz 15-16-15-30-1T w/ gear down on.

gingerbee

ya I think it may just be Hynix chips I don't know but the 32gb kits run fine on all other ryzen systems in my house 3 in total but all zen cpu's so this may be why. it is hated by my 3900x lol. so I ordered another kit os 16gb 2x8gb that hopefully will run fine on 4 DIMMs we will see.

Ya, I almost bought a B-die kit but wa tired of kits not working and online many people are saying they're having problems with dual-rank and odd number timings so I thought this was a good route cause the kit I got was cheap corsair lpx vengeance 3600mhz cl18.
Plus I have spent way too much money on ram this year to have a lot of problems. more problems with ram then I have ever had

Last edited:

Izerous

Folding Team
I know originally the MemEx guy had issues getting the Trident Z (4x8gb) stuff working at its rated speed. I usually let them mount/post test that kind of stuff any more as it saves me some back and forth if there are issues, and they will typically flash the latest BIOS etc. About 2 open boxes of ram and 40 minutes later he came to the realization he never seated them properly the first time. I wonder who bought the open boxes of ram :)

Don't forget to double check the simple things like that, do it 100s of times and sometimes it is the simplest step you overlook.

Lpfan4ever

Why is Corsair's support so effin atrocious? 4.5 business days to reply to my request, then they don't even read the ticket I submitted. Just a canned response to provide info I said I can't provide.:cautious:

Izerous

Folding Team
Why is Corsair's support so effin atrocious? 4.5 business days to reply to my request, then they don't even read the ticket I submitted. Just a canned response to provide info I said I can't provide.:cautious:

Razer was kinda the same way when I requested a new USB cable for a mamba mouse. Please checkout the store and order it from there. Ummm as per my original e-mail that product is not listed on your store anywhere otherwise I would have already. That night I got a tracking number and free cable was in the mail.

Don't know if that was ever added to the store.

gingerbee

Ya, I have heard nightmares about there support makes me worried about buying a lot of there ram. thinking it may be time to go back to gskill on my next ram needs lol. not that I know there any better never had to RMA anything with them( there stuff always died out of warranty)

Lpfan4ever

Whether or not Corsair provides me an RMA, I'm done with them. Soullessone over at RHR had to fight with them as well for their Elgato side of things and it was a 3 week battle. When you provide a premium product (AXi PSUs) and charge premium prices, that should include decent support. Even if they tell me to pound sand because I don't have the receipt, at least it would mean they read my ticket and stuck to policy. Right now it's just wasting my time and giving me stress because they couldn't be assed to read just 6 sentences detailing exactly all the troubleshooting I've done so far.

Latest posts