What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

sswilson

Staff member
perhaps you just need to sand it and remove possible oxidization from the contacts?

I've considered it, but the placement of the switch is going to necessitate a pretty much complete tear down of the keyboard so it's going onto the shelf of projects to get around to at a later date. I got 8'ish years out of it so it doesn't owe me any money, but it was one of those pieces of kit that just felt right ergonomically so I may take a fit and try to bring it back to life.

KaptCrunch

I've considered it, but the placement of the switch is going to necessitate a pretty much complete tear down of the keyboard so it's going onto the shelf of projects to get around to at a later date. I got 8'ish years out of it so it doesn't owe me any money, but it was one of those pieces of kit that just felt right ergonomically so I may take a fit and try to bring it back to life.
HB pencil is your friend, just re-trace the grid and key contacts on membrane, Be like new again. Most likely split fluids over the years removed the carbon.

Prickly007

New UPS was $190 at Costco, or $276 at amazon.ca* :oops: Since when did Amazon use Best Buy/Staples/etc pricing?

* Not third party, item shipped and sold by amazon.ca

Shadowmeph

what a hassle just to share a movie folder to my rasp pi 4 libreelec had to make a new account just to do that which of course the new account has none of my main pc accounts programs so I have to switch back and forth if I want to share any other folders ugg.
tomorrow is going to probably suck they are replacing a pole in my area which means now electricity for most of the day I am hoping that the one plugin in my suit will still have power because the way this old building is wired is very strange I discovered last year when the power went out all of my plugins didnt work except for one which apparently is wired to the the block on the other side of this building lol it was funny when I discovered this my laptop and modem and router just happened to be plugged into that one and it took me a little while to realize ( while I was having my first coffee in the morning) as to why I was able to the internet when there was no power took me a few minutes until the caffeine kicked in hehe.

mGz

Absolutely cannot stand it when people overvalue their used audio equipment that's from the late 90's. Audiophiles... Sigh.

sswilson

Staff member
Heh.... so how ghetto is it that I drove home from the hardware store with a 36X80 door strapped to the roof of my car???? :unsure:

sswilson

Staff member
that's not ghetto unless you don't have a roof rack...cause that's what roof rack's are for! a door is no dif than lumber. LoL!

Who said anything about a roof rack??? :) (I do however have 4 foam canoe gunnel pads that I use for such things.... :) ).

edit... and before anybody asks... they're similar to this product...

lowfat

Staff member
Pretty terrible day...

Coworker had a family emergency come up, so I swapped shifts. Had to be out of town by 5:30 to be onsite somewhere by 8:00 for an equipment upgrade. Half way there, one headlight goes out. Not just low beam, but high beam as well.

Get onsite, and the fancy iODD I rely on don't work. I couldn't boot any ISO and most of the time it would say 'bad drive'. I just swapped out the 240GB in it for a 1TB yesterday, but it worked @ home. So I don't have the patch I needed. Use 500MB of mobile data to download the iso and use Rufus to put it on a usb stick. Can't boot to it. Tried like 4 different times. No go. So I install Win 10 w/o the patching the hardware, should be able to do it afterward. Have to use DVDs since my iODD isn't working, which adds at least 1 hour to the install time.

Win 10 installs fine. The machine actually didn't even need the patch, unlike every other of the same machine Ive installed, this one had an older version that didn't require it. What a waste of time.

Machines working good. Call their help desk to verify it all looks good. They can't communicate w/ the machine. Odd since its currently being used. Spend another hour troubleshooting, to finially figure out they are showing a different IP address, which is completely out of my control.

Need to once again be out of town by 530 tomorrow. Was completely dark by the time I got home and not I need to troubleshoot the vehicle out in the dark as I don't have a garage. :mad:

Latest posts