What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

Shadowmeph

I hate hate hjate pdf files I mean why do they still use those it is so easy to hide virus.s and Trojans inside .pdfs but no in order to apply for work you need to use pdf files and of course there are no free pdf editors out there that actually work with out destroying the file. I have spent most of this morning trying to edit my resume and of course I really dont want to have to spend money on a program that I probably will only use once every few years and more then likely will lose it when I have to do a format or something on my PC

sswilson

Staff member
I hate hate hjate pdf files I mean why do they still use those it is so easy to hide virus.s and Trojans inside .pdfs but no in order to apply for work you need to use pdf files and of course there are no free pdf editors out there that actually work with out destroying the file. I have spent most of this morning trying to edit my resume and of course I really dont want to have to spend money on a program that I probably will only use once every few years and more then likely will lose it when I have to do a format or something on my PC

I just do stuff in whatever office software I'm using and then "save as" or Export to PDF.

As to why folks use it? It's the only universally accessible file standard that won't mess with page formatting when it's opened.

Shadowmeph

I just do stuff in whatever office software I'm using and then "save as" or Export to PDF.

As to why folks use it? It's the only universally accessible file standard that won't mess with page formatting when it's opened.
thats what I was doing but then when I have to edit it it messes it up I ended up just redoing my whole resume from scratch and for me being a bad typer not very good written grammar and spelling it took forever I actually took a break for the day will get back and possibly finish it tomorrow hehe

Cannon Fodder

Damn, ya gotta luv the tracking info you get sometimes..... ordered an item for my wife, from Amazon, and here's the tracking info from Amazon, and the corresponding info from Canada Post..... notice any discrepancies!? :rolleyes: And for a frame of reference, I live in Mission, which, for those of you that don't know, is in the Lower Mainland (near Vancouver) of BC.

Amazon1.JPG
Amazon2.JPG

Entz

Yeah stuff is random at times. They likely loaded it onto a plane that ended up in Victoria and will now be trucked across the ferry to you 😭

I have had stuff go from Ontario to Vancouver then Calgary then on a truck back to BC. Like WTF people.

Maybe this is why we have such expensive shipping.

Latest posts