What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

lowfat

Staff member
I don't know what is up w/ Prime Video on my tv. I get Dutch subtitles on by default on every show. Ever single time I launch Prime Video I have to go and turn off closed captioning. Sometimes 2-3 x before it works. And even then, anytime there is writing on the screen, I get Dutch subtitles for it.

JD

Staff member
I don't know what is up w/ Prime Video on my tv. I get Dutch subtitles on by default on every show. Ever single time I launch Prime Video I have to go and turn off closed captioning. Sometimes 2-3 x before it works. And even then, anytime there is writing on the screen, I get Dutch subtitles for it.
Any DNS or VPN to access non-Canadian content? Sounds like it's locating you in a Dutch country.

Izerous

Folding Team
Thought we found a good tennant, good references seemed nice enough in person etc. Then got a random text from them asking for illicit substances (lease not signed yet). Made me feel old having to use urban dictionary to translate what they were asking for and they were older than I am.

sswilson

Staff member
Thought we found a good tennant, good references seemed nice enough in person etc. Then got a random text from them asking for illicit substances (lease not signed yet). Made me feel old having to use urban dictionary to translate what they were asking for and they were older than I am.

What????

Did they accidentally choose your contact number instead of their dealer? That's pretty bizarre.

FreeKnight

I had the same issue on either my Roku or Samsung TV, no VPN either. I think I found that if I watched a subtitled show it would set a global 'subtitle on' for all shows and then I'd end up pulling up an English show and it would select the first available subtitle language, or something along those lines.

It seems to depend on what platform I was using for prime but it's very annoying.

lowfat

Staff member
I had the same issue on either my Roku or Samsung TV, no VPN either. I think I found that if I watched a subtitled show it would set a global 'subtitle on' for all shows and then I'd end up pulling up an English show and it would select the first available subtitle language, or something along those lines.

It seems to depend on what platform I was using for prime but it's very annoying.
Lol. It is a Samsung tv, and I had similar issues w/ subs on Roku. Had zero issues on Nvidia Shield.

Still haven't figured out how to get rid of this...

IMG_20191215_203706.jpg

KaptCrunch

Dutch you say, have checked TV firmware up to date. I'm with JD proxy issue.
How you hook up, using what cable
Coxial, hdmi, RJ45 also box firmware
. Something missing in data between TV an tuner box

Last edited:

LegendMask

Totally forgot to heat my thermal paste (stressing my CPU) before taking off my CPU 3700x to install the water block and of course bent multiple pins, one of them is bent really baaaad.🤦‍♂️

I managed to straighten them out as much as I can... hopefully it will work once I’m done setting up my water cooling 😩

Latest posts