What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

JD

Staff member
Northern Italy, which is the industrialised area of the country, suffers from poor air quality, which apparently contributes to respiratory illnesses in general.
I believe there's similar speculation about China's air pollution too causing it to be more severe along with the majority of the population being smokers as well.

sswilson

Staff member
ETC.... as opposed to a rant.....

Got a bit of a kick out of the system specs listed in my profile over at the F@H Forums.... Judging by my last post over there, looks like it was some time in 2012....

ASUS Crosshair IV Formula / AMD 1090T / 4X2 Gig GSkill Pi PC3-12800 / Corsair TX750W PSU / Sparkle GTX275 Plus / CoolerMaster Cosmos S / MCP655 WC Pump / MCR320 Rad / 6X Yate Loons / PA120.1 / 2X Scythe Ultra Kaze / Enzotech Luna WB / Dell Ultrasharp 2209WA

Gigabyte P35-DQ6 / Q6600 / 2X 1G 1066 Firestix / "Baked" XFX GTX 280 (RIP again :( ) / MSI GTS 450 Cyclone OC /PC P&C 750W Silencer / MCR220-QP-Res / DD DDCPX-Pro / Apogee GT / Highspeed PC Tech Station / Samsung 931BF / BenQ Q9T4

lowfat

Staff member
Why isn't there an 'SSD mode' for Windows file transfers. SSDs operate better at a higher queue depth, yet Windows file transfer only does one file at a time no what. It obviously can detect if a drive is an SSD, so why doesn't it queue up more files if it notices its dealing w/ small files?

Shadowmeph

people hoarding my mother who cant get out to by groceries and I have to get them for her only to find that people are hoarding thing. my self I can get by on little food and other things but people hoarding makes me sick so tomorrow on my day off I will probably be spending a few hopur driving around just so I can get my mother a few things so that she has food and TOP for the next few weeks

FreeKnight

Northern Italy, which is the industrialised area of the country, suffers from poor air quality, which apparently contributes to respiratory illnesses in general.
Our main valve supplier is in Milan. A few people (outside of supply chain admittedly) are actually concerned the situation is bad enough there that in a few months once the worst of this is over the situation will be so disorganized or chaotic we won't know if our valves are coming, manufactured or in transit etc.

I'm also surprised that our construction sites haven't been shut down yet. Sure most trades can maintain social distancing when they're 'working' but if you've ever seen the lunch trailers for major construction sites, they're filthy and an incubator for disease if there's ever been one. I suspect it's a matter of time before one person gets it and now you have an entire crew that's been exposed.

gingerbee

OMG my bank branch is closed with no date of reopening wtf TD now If I need to go to the bank I have to drive the other end of town sucks my branch is only half a block from my house and the post office is right next to it damn I have been spoiled

lowfat

Staff member
OMG my bank branch is closed with no date of reopening wtf TD now If I need to go to the bank I have to drive the other end of town sucks my branch is only half a block from my house and the post office is right next to it damn I have been spoiled

There were 4 banks that closed today due to positive infection. But none were in Orillia so you are good. ;)

Unfortunately one of them was one I am at frequently for work. I go in, do my work, and go w/o and spray down my hands w/ isopropyl so hopefully I'm good.

Latest posts