What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

CMetaphor

Quadfather
@Mr. Friendly
Sorta, but not quite. If they're delaying one shipment (like mine) to get all the essential stuff out the door, then they should be delaying ALL non-essential orders until the workload calms down. At that point, it should revert to fulfilling the oldest orders first.

It just really really doesn't make sense that some people have ordered non-essentials after me and already have tracking numbers or have even gotten their shipments already. I still have *nothing*, not even a tracking number.

The fulfillment thing is a good point, but I also make a point to check that "prime" box whenever I'm on Amazon. Everything that falls under the prime category is *supposed* to be ready for super fast shipping and processing, even next-day fulfillment sometimes. And that was exactly how it worked Before Amazon implemented these "measures". Everything I ever ordered with that prime box checked would take a maximum of 24hrs for a tracking#, and a maximum of 3-4 days to receive the shipment.

It just doesn't make sense and frankly isn't fair.

JD

Staff member
You live in Montreal though? It's a densely populated city center and Quebec appears to have the highest amount of COVID cases at the moment, so I'm sure that is causing issues with shipping companies too by not having enough staff being able to work.

You can't really compare your ship times to somebody that's on the other side of the country. If your neighbours are getting "non-essential" packages from Amazon quickly, then you should open a ticket with Amazon expressing your concerns.

In my case, I had an order of toilet paper which didn't appear to have shipped, so I wanted to cancel it as I found some in-store that day. When I got a chat rep with Amazon, he informed me that it had actually already shipped from the Kentucky warehouse and just hadn't been updated yet. He gave me the Canada Post tracking number. Granted yes, this would be an "essential" shipment, but it's feasible your order has already shipped from a distant warehouse too and they just don't seem to provide the tracking number until it's in your province.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
I just love the drummer in that video. And Lean On Me was an anthem, RIP Mr. Withers.

Shadowmeph

Damn.....

RIP Bill Withers

The bylines are pointing out that he did Lean on Me, but he also released Ain't No Sunshine.....

IKnow,Iknow,IKnow I am not sure how many times the I know was repeated that and how huge his lungs were but when I was young I was so impressed by that I repeatly tried to do it and never could

lowfat

Staff member
Received B Quiet Black Rock 4 in the mail today was a little choked when I realized it isn't possible to use fans other than B Quiet. It even comes w/ clips for a 3rd fan. Plan was to try 3 of my own fans, but looks like I have no choice but to use stock fans. :(

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Received B Quiet Black Rock 4 in the mail today was a little choked when I realized it isn't possible to use fans other than B Quiet. It even comes w/ clips for a 3rd fan. Plan was to try 3 of my own fans, but looks like I have no choice but to use stock fans. :(
Ya their fans are pretty damn annoying. Literally no one does proprietary fan mounts nowadays... except them. I ran into the same issue with my Dark Rock TF downdraft, was going to use my own fans but their fan clips only match their fans and not a single one of my spare clips from other heatsinks would either.

Probably the last time I ever get a BeQuiet heatsink.

lowfat

Staff member
The set of clips for the 3rd/rear fan was a bit longer since it didn't have the rubber mounts. Was able to bend the clips and get a normal fan installed. So using the B Quiet 135mm in the middle and a GT AP-15 up front. Getting a solid 6-7C lower than the DH-14. Although probably at least half of that is from the GT AP-15 versus the Noctua NF-P12 Redux 1300s I was using before.

Last edited:

Latest posts