What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

Izerous

Folding Team
Yeah transmissions... I'm happy with automatic or manual. Even an automatic is way more robust than a CVT. Higher failure rates, some of them sealed so you can not even flush the fluid, and non-rebuildable being cheaper to outright replace them than to rebuild them.

All in the name of marginal fuel savings... but the driving feel is horrendous. Going from a manual to an automatic you loose some of the connection to the vehicle etc. Now multiply that by 2-3 times and thats what an average CVT feels like.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Check the voltage regulator. I had one go which led to all sorts of weird electrical behaviour in my old Mazda 6. Once it was diagnosed and replaced all the weird stuff went away.

Prickly007

Stopped by the liquor store on my way home today, but none of my usual brands of beer seem to be available out here. I saw a twelve pack that had two IPAs, a lager and a summer ale... it was only when I got home that I saw a word above summer ale in a faint font: Apricot.

WTF? When did fruit beer become a thing?

I would rant more, but I've got to go yell at kids to get off my damn lawn. :D

Izerous

Folding Team
Fruit beers are far from new, even apricot flavour specifically.

"When Alley Kat opened in 1995, Aprikat was the first apricot ale in Alberta, and one of the first fruit beers in the province, making it the perfect invitation to get anyone hooked on craft!"

There are a lot of orange, raspberry, blueberry and others out there I have seen over the years as well. Most of them I find hot day BBQ they actually are not bad but I find there is a hard limit on them of about 2. Not that I can't handle far more beer than that but the flavours on the 3rd I find usually start to taste off to me.

Shadowmeph

going to be doing my brakes the rant part is having to drag all of my tools down to my truck and having to work on it in the parking lot with all of the chatty looky lous and als ohoping that the axlews seals are ok so I am not wasting my time on the rear brakes I noticed allot of possible brake dust on the front wheels so I am guessing the rears are not fully applying and since my emergency brake goes to the floor and isnt fully working I am hoping it is something simple like worn out brake springs but I had to buy jack stands since I seemed to have misplaced the ones from years ago and this is safety but also kind of a waste because I probably will only be using them this one time hehe it is either myself doing my brakes or forking out 300-500 for a mech do do them when I can do it all including the brake stand buying for around 125 amd some personal time. I remember I went in to get an oil change and they were going to charge me 70 cad but they were busy so I went and checked out what it would cost me and it costed me 40 to do it on my own but I used synth oil so it was worth my time accept for the idiots that came out to see what I was doing same thing happened when Idid a tune up a while back it was frustrating because the one spark plug is in a position where ( with the passenger side front wheel off) it was either cut a whole in the inner fender well for easy access or use the tips of my fingers to start the plug and a wrench ( not a socket )to tighten it and the while while I cannot see it so I was using my minds eye to visualize and feel while a neighbor was trying to chat me up standing right next to me I had to politely ask them to stop talking so that I could concentrate which really didnt seem to work I think that the build of of getting pissed off motivated me even more it took me 20 mins for the one spark plug and then a few more getting the wire firmly on the spark plug I mean all the others full time wires and plus was maybe 25-30 minutes which included checking the gap . no this is a prerant rant hehe

Izerous

Folding Team
Last time i did brakes was on the Frontier. I actually bought the pads and rotors from ford. They have a omnicraft line that is common wear parts they run for other makes and models. I don't recall the exact price but it was a good value for 4 coated rotors and full set of pads. Anything comparable in price was uncoated and my problem in the first place was how badly the brakes were starting to rust.

Latest posts