What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

Izerous

Folding Team
I know my Outlander isn't fast in the grand scheme of things but with the couple performance modifications and having the same engine as a 2004-2006 RalliArt figure I should be able to at least make up for the difference in curb weight between the Outlander and Lancer RalliArt. I also think I can make up for the drive train losses all RAs were FWD and my Outlander is AWD but I have never been able to prove it or disprove it. Aiming to match a factory RA also isn't setting my sights too high.

So I made plans on Friday to make a couple passes at the drag strip's street legal night to see if I can even come close to an RA and it was cancelled due to bad weather and it looks like it is going to rain again this Friday. With everything going on I was really looking forward to it and checking the forecast for this Friday looks like they are calling for rain again but not sure if it will be enough to cancel the event again. The distraction from everything that has been happening the past few weeks would have been nice.

lowfat

Staff member
SSH in to Ubuntu server to try troubleshooting network performance. Notice that my ZFS mirror is degraded. Shows 'too many errors' yet both read and write errors are @ 0. Do some smart checks, all good. So I shutdown to reseat / swap SATA cable. Try to boot, get an UEFI error about my NIC, says I need to enable CSM. I sure didn't need to do this before? So whatever I do it. Enter bios, not seeing my boot SSD. Reseat cables. Ok its booting.

After it has booted back to Ubuntu, I noticed I plugged my SATA cables in to the wrong ports on the backplane. Plug them back in, try to reboot. See a bunch of I/O errors for /dev/sda. It won't shutdown. So I turn it off. Swap out SATA cable for boot drive just in case. I can start booting to, but it drops to initramfs / BusyBox. :(

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
the time it takes to get used to a new keyboard is a pain in the arse. so many odd / unusual typo's...throw my hands up in frustration and shout ARGH! sometimes, LoL!

and...disappointed my Nighthawk Carbon's don't like organ music like my HD599se's do. they do not do a good job on the Interstellar OST.

G

the time it takes to get used to a new keyboard is a pain in the arse. so many odd / unusual typo's...throw my hands up in frustration and shout ARGH! sometimes, LoL!

and...disappointed my Nighthawk Carbon's don't like organ music like my HD599se's do. they do not do a good job on the Interstellar OST.
Agreed, I never cast judgment on a keyboard until after a month of use.
And no matter of time will ever go by for me to enjoy a 60% no matter what the switches.

lowfat

Staff member
Agreed, I never cast judgment on a keyboard until after a month of use.
And no matter of time will ever go by for me to enjoy a 60% no matter what the switches.
Which 60%? I probably couldn't do 60% but 65% works great. Arrow keys + delete are the only things I really needed. With QMK firmware you can use fn + any key for another key command.

G

Which 60%? I probably couldn't do 60% but 65% works great. Arrow keys + delete are the only things I really needed. With QMK firmware you can use fn + any key for another key command.

Not my mains KB I use it downstairs or when I need to do work on our laptops. I HATE short stroke lappy key with a passsion.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan

Not my mains KB I use it downstairs or when I need to do work on our laptops. I HATE short stroke lappy key with a passsion.
well, a couple weeks back I got the Logitech MK850 multi-device keyboard / mouse combo kit. the keyboard has slightly different placement for some of the alt / shift / Windows keys because this also supports Mac, so has Fn and Cmd keys. it also has an interesting approach to being ergonomic in that the keys have a hump across it, so hitting my !, @, # , q and w are a bit off sometimes.

I'm liking it though...lets me jump between my PC and Mac with ease!