What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

sswilson

Staff member
My lord people!!!!!!

You have all the data at your hands to market directly to me, and have no problems using it to tailor make offers for me.....

How about you use some of that data for my benefit and include a small piece of code in your data mining / marketing campaign which compares the "exclusive offers for you" that you plan to present against my current plan and then not bother sending me offers that are significantly worse than what I currently have?

Valkyrie

My lord people!!!!!!

You have all the data at your hands to market directly to me, and have no problems using it to tailor make offers for me.....

How about you use some of that data for my benefit and include a small piece of code in your data mining / marketing campaign which compares the "exclusive offers for you" that you plan to present against my current plan and then not bother sending me offers that are significantly worse than what I currently have?

That would be a different silo of the business and they don't seem to communicate well, if at all.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
My lord people!!!!!!

Fido offered me 15 gigs for $65 bucks via this 'promo' method.

I currently pay $45 for 20.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
I'm going to guess that it's by watching RFD for deals... :)

Correct, kinda. I was paying $45 for 2+2 gigs, and they took away 2 gigs after a year without telling me it expired, and then wouldnt give it back and wanted me to upgrade to $55 for 4 gigs. RFD said Fido had a YMMV win-back offer if you left them, so I ported my number to another provider offering $45 for 5 gigs (Virgin) and took a chance and got the winback offer from Fido texted to me...soooo back I went.

Shadowmeph

My lord people!!!!!!

I think that would make it so that they would have to right moire code to figure out the better offer ... to lazy to do such things

dragoonxx

My lord people!!!!!!

that all reminds me of when i was still with telus (before i had a smart phone)... would constantly get phone calls going "hey, we've got this AWESOME plan for you, it's got <x,y,z" for only (usually double a month of what i was paying)" and i'd just respond with- "have you even taken a look at what my normal usage is? what's the point in offering me 1000 minutes for 90 a month...when i use like... 20 minutes a month?"

or on a similar strain- old navy... even had a spot to "personalize" the offers it suggests...and does it... no.... 99.9999% of the email offers are all for women's clothing...which i had told it...i don't want to see!

sswilson

Staff member
that all reminds me of when i was still with telus (before i had a smart phone)... would constantly get phone calls going "hey, we've got this AWESOME plan for you, it's got <x,y,z" for only (usually double a month of what i was paying)" and i'd just respond with- "have you even taken a look at what my normal usage is? what's the point in offering me 1000 minutes for 90 a month...when i use like... 20 minutes a month?"

or on a similar strain- old navy... even had a spot to "personalize" the offers it suggests...and does it... no.... 99.9999% of the email offers are all for women's clothing...which i had told it...i don't want to see!

It's a commonly accepted "fact" that this is how Data offers often work.... they only offer the "extra XXX GB for $10 more" deals to folks with 8GB plans (like myself) who only use 1.2 GB of that a month... :)

Latest posts