What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

clshades

Hung a new shelf where the fridge used to go. Stood back looking at it and was happy with the results. Couple hours later I came in from doing.more yard work and realized what I had done. Went to go pull on the pocket door that blocks the kitchen off from the bedrooms and it won't budge.

:cry:
ah shit!

Dwayne

Hung a new shelf where the fridge used to go. Stood back looking at it and was happy with the results. Couple hours later I came in from doing.more yard work and realized what I had done. Went to go pull on the pocket door that blocks the kitchen off from the bedrooms and it won't budge.

:cry:

I was putting baseboards back on after a floor reno, and when I tried to close the bathroom pocket door, same thing. Funny, things you never think of until it happens :)

sswilson

Staff member
ETC..... as opposed to a rant. :)

Am I a bad man for installing windows onto a 2500K rust drive system using a HIPRO 300W PSU? :unsure:

Entz

Am I a bad man for installing windows onto a 2500K rust drive system using a HIPRO 300W PSU? :unsure:
Yes. 2500K should retire like the Hero it is, with a nice cold drink on a beach somewhere not be exploded by a bad PSU :(

sswilson

Staff member
This was more of an "ETC....." than a rant.

On that note, the 2500K has been introduced to his new partner Corsair TX850m and seems to approve. :)

sswilson

Staff member
Been a long time since I had to boot into bios with a "safe" stick of memory in order to manually set timings on another set of memory that refused to boot. :)

Now that I've got that working (system really didn't like the XMP settings... :) ) I'm reminded that I've really let my OC "skills" (not sure how skillful they ever were in the first place) deteriorate. Gonna have to brush up on Z68 OC settings / practices.

Shadowmeph

I still have my 2500k with win 10 installed I was using it as a single player Ark survivor evolved server to play around with ARK server but it is mostly used now for my other Drives I dont use often and I stopped OCing it that was my fav CPU for Ocing of course I am not that good of an OCer I just used the basic way the bios automatic clocks it to 4.2 stable and it still would run cool with its water cooling

sswilson

Staff member
I still have my 2500k with win 10 installed I was using it as a single player Ark survivor evolved server to play around with ARK server but it is mostly used now for my other Drives I dont use often and I stopped OCing it that was my fav CPU for Ocing of course I am not that good of an OCer I just used the basic way the bios automatic clocks it to 4.2 stable and it still would run cool with its water cooling

I picked up a 2500K / Z68 chipset board combo from a member and am now working on a dedicated pinball/MAME PC. Neither task is particularly taxing on a CPU, but I'll have a look to see if I can push it to at least 4K on the cheepo HSF I've got on it.

Latest posts