What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

Shadowmeph

Get replacement carpet installed in basement unit. Friday get a call from the installer asking me which room he was doing after I went though all of that with the representative that took the measurements. I didn't go check on the results was going to do that today afterwork since I was leaving town for the weekend. Get a call from the upstairs tennant mentioning it was really hot and he didn't even have the furnace on. Come home early and detour to find the carpet installer cranked the thermostat to 28'c and the new carpet looks like it has blood stains on it. Going to be a long week starting like this.
that sucks

sswilson

Staff member
Heh... I'm being stalked by a "lonely hearts" spammer/scammer on two separate and unrelated projects that I've commented on at thingiverse. :)

Sosatel3D posted a reply to your comment on BABY DRAGON - Holder
I want chat with a guy because I'm very lonely. Write me here please and I`ll give you my phone number - >URL Removed< My nickname Lovky69

Maybe "stalked" is a strong word, but unless this particular conversation "bot" is hitting the most recent post of every possible conversation it feels targeted to information that could be pulled from my public profile.

Trolling for lonely geeks who have nothing better to do than play with 3D printers? ;)

Dwayne

Not as much a rant as a disappointed comment on the lack of anything worth throwing my money at on Prime Day so far. Not a thing on the wish list is discounted, and trolling through the tech feels like a waste of time.

JD

Staff member
Not as much a rant as a disappointed comment on the lack of anything worth throwing my money at on Prime Day so far. Not a thing on the wish list is discounted, and trolling through the tech feels like a waste of time.
Yeah it's tough, lightning deals come and go pretty quickly, so it's hard to know what you've missed for that matter too. I just change the search category to "prime day" and search periodically for the general items I'm looking for.

clshades

Get replacement carpet installed in basement unit. Friday get a call from the installer asking me which room he was doing after I went though all of that with the representative that took the measurements. I didn't go check on the results was going to do that today afterwork since I was leaving town for the weekend. Get a call from the upstairs tennant mentioning it was really hot and he didn't even have the furnace on. Come home early and detour to find the carpet installer cranked the thermostat to 28'c and the new carpet looks like it has blood stains on it. Going to be a long week starting like this.
Was the carpet installed on concrete? @Izerous

sswilson

Staff member
What's with MS's passive/aggressive feature UIs?

Adjust hours no option.JPG

The phrasing "would you like windows to XXXXXX" suggests that they're offering users a choice in what to do, but then the only option is "turn on" as opposed to giving us the option of also selecting something like "no thanks, and stop bugging me about it"......

gingerbee

how about the fact that KB4579311 update cause 3 of my systems to hang at restarting icon only for me to have to force a system shut down well-doing updates cause that doesn't make me nervous at all WTF Microsoft. Or is it just my bad luck cause I can't find anyone else having this problem

Latest posts