What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

Arinoth

Staff member
Pet insurance.

Just got the first claim we put in with PetPlusUs (discount through being a Costoc member). They just declined a claim claiming a foot injury he had constituted some sort of dermatitis so they won't cover his itchy meds that was a result of the anti-biotics to treat the foot injury, also didn't cover the general vet visit or the ear infection meds.

I always figured they were scams, now I know.

ipaine

Oh man that is really shitty! We just forked over 650 $ on our cat for a check up, urine and blood tests.. basically to tell us our cat is dying of kidney failure... I was not expecting that at all . This is added to the 5k we payed (emergency clinic) to have a crystal removed from his urine track 5 years ago. We have been saying, the next pet we get, we are getting insurance, but hearing this making me think twice.. gold fish it is....
That sounds so much like my house this summer. Back in August I ended up paying about $850 to find out that our oldest family kitty had to be put down. I mean kidney issues and other stuff too, still hate I had to make that call. And only a year before we paid about $1500 for the blockage due to crystals. Needless to say we have thought about the pet insurance too, but I have heard so many horror stories on what they deny it makes me double think getting it.

Totally forgot what I can here to rant about.

So I have been wanting a headset and was looking at the Steelseries Pro wireless and was hoping that it would drop down in price over Black Cyper Monday Friday. It did but not by much and was thinking well maybe I'll just get it after work since it looks to be not going down any further. Both Amazon and Best Buy had them listed and on BB it even said on sale until Dec 3rd. So I get off shift and look, Amazon is back up to full price, worried I look at BB and notice that now it is showing the sale price but says until Nov 29th. I refresh and boom back to full price.
I mean what the hell why say it is going to be on sale till the 3rd and then pull it back. I frikken hate when stores do that. I truly hope there is a special place in hell for the db's that make those decisions.

Last edited:

FreeKnight

Newegg just cancelled the X570 motherboard I ordered yesterday
'Oops we said we had stock but we don't'

Pain in the ass. I'll have to order it via memex later this week then (which I should have just done the week before, rather than waiting for BF)

sswilson

Staff member
Newegg just cancelled the X570 motherboard I ordered yesterday
'Oops we said we had stock but we don't'

Pain in the ass. I'll have to order it via memex later this week then (which I should have just done the week before, rather than waiting for BF)

Crap... I hope I don't get the same message on the 2600X I just ordered.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Gah. One of the players on my son's hockey team has tested positive for Covid-19. As the team Safety Person this is now officially a nightmare. Fortunately with the timing of our last practice and the game he missed on the weekend after the onset of symptoms it's unlikely that he was contagious at the practice. The team is now off the ice for 10-14 days. Fortunately he is doing as well as can be expected for someone who has a flu-type virus. But the last 24 hours have been a flurry of emails with the local association, coaches and parents.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
You guys are still aloud team sports?

In BC, yes. Although I suspect that will change soon. For hockey, they are in cohorts of up to 4 teams inside the local association only. Play 3-4 games, take 2 week break with no contact with other teams, then into a new cohort. The BC Provincial Health Officer has said it was obvious how much the previous lockdown and school closures were detrimental to the well-being of school age children so they have done all that is possible to keep schools open and sports available.

Latest posts