What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

Arinoth

Staff member
As for actual rant, in the vein of the covid. We have a bunch of restrictions here in Edmonton, yet they don't and won't fine people or even kick them off of transit when they are not wearing masks. Not to mention the number of homeless on it each morning, when there is no need too as there are available shelters. But City of Edmonton would rather enforce through education than fines, but considering how long we have had the mask bylaw, that clearly is not working. Drives me crazy that the most dangerous part of my wife's day is going to work and back home on the train.

There was a massive party 2 weekends ago where only the host got the 1000$ fine for having a party, a few days later they updated the law that anyone can get the fine, not just the host. Not sure why they only now implemented that here in Nova Scotia, but they have at least been fining people, whether they've collected on any of those fines who knows.

FreeKnight

*snip*

As for actual rant, in the vein of the covid. We have a bunch of restrictions here in Edmonton, yet they don't and won't fine people or even kick them off of transit when they are not wearing masks. Not to mention the number of homeless on it each morning, when there is no need too as there are available shelters. But City of Edmonton would rather enforce through education than fines, but considering how long we have had the mask bylaw, that clearly is not working. Drives me crazy that the most dangerous part of my wife's day is going to work and back home on the train.
C'mon Edmonton issued 4 fines from Aug 1 to Nov 27 , what more do you want?!? /snark

From the EJ:
"The City of Edmonton issued a total of four mask violations between Aug. 1 and Nov. 27. In the three day span of Nov. 28 to 30, enforcement officers handed out six tickets, each carrying a $100 fine."

Ultimately Edmonton, and by extension Alberta is going to come out of COVID worse than most of the other provinces. We've got a complete absence of leadership at a provincial level, and a lesser extent at the city level in the case of Edmonton. I won't veer into it too much because it's just going to open up a politics discussion, but there's very little reason to think we're not going to get much worse, very steadily.

Last edited:

Izerous

Folding Team
Edmonton Mayor is also in a state of I don't care as he has no intention of running again. Outright said this is his last term so not like he has to keep anyone happy.

But proper mask usage here is ridiculous leaving their nose exposed, people not following requests of 1 way isles in grocery stores, even my very few trips into MemEx this year person behind me was nearly breathing down my neck in line even with the markers to space people apart. Just so many people who simply don't care.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
'Cancelling' Christmas family get-to-gethers, and leaving black friday, cyber monday, and christmas season shopping wide open goes to show you exactly where ALL political parties have their priorities.

JD

Staff member
Haha yup it's funny how here in Toronto/Peel region, we are in "grey" which is deemed "lockdown", yet since the regions are all next-door to each other, you can literally cross the street and be able to go shop inside a mall, eat inside a restaurant, shop at a small business, etc. Even our subway will take you from downtown Toronto into Vaughan right beside one of the biggest malls here that is open for in-store shopping.

What's the point of shuttering all the restaurants and small businesses in Toronto/Peel then? Especially when most of them weren't even causing any spread/outbreaks. Barber/hair dressers for example took immense measures here and likely one of the safest places, yet they were forced to close. This virus has killed people's logic and reasoning :ROFLMAO:

draemn

Oh man that is really shitty! We just forked over 650 $ on our cat for a check up, urine and blood tests.. basically to tell us our cat is dying of kidney failure... I was not expecting that at all . This is added to the 5k we payed (emergency clinic) to have a crystal removed from his urine track 5 years ago. We have been saying, the next pet we get, we are getting insurance, but hearing this making me think twice.. gold fish it is....
Sounds like that vet scammed you. I paid like $280 for urine and blood tests on my cat... when he had a crystal, they said I could spend $1200-1500 to have them remove it or put him on meds for like $400. Took the $400 option and changed his food to urinary control. No issues after that.

Latest posts