What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

clshades

If it's a newer washer, or maybe specific to LG, the way it shuts off the water so quickly usually results in a lot of pipe banging/water hammer. Could be the cause as to why your hoses failed. Putting some water hammer arrestors on usually helps, or turning the valve off slightly so it's not wide open.

People did try to sue LG over this as they claimed it damaged their pipes, but not sure it went anywhere.
If the laundry box it self doesn't have water hammer arrestors this is definitely worth considering. They will hammer several times during a single load.
They can be added after. @gingerbee

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210120-130201_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210120-130201_Chrome.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 6

lowfat

Staff member
Go to uninstall Visual Studio (downloaded it way back when instead of Visual Studio Code), and it wouldn't allow me to uninstall it, until I updated the installer. :rolleyes:

gingerbee

Just bad supply lines then. It happens. The rubber ones are far worse imo. Multiple floods in my area from those things.
crazy thing is they have stopped leaking for now but this is what has been happening they leak fro a couple of time then stop for a while lol I am just replacing them asap

Lysrin

Go to uninstall Visual Studio (downloaded it way back when instead of Visual Studio Code), and it wouldn't allow me to uninstall it, until I updated the installer. :rolleyes:
"Are you sure? Are you sure you really want to go? Let us update for you and then you make your final decision ok? Maybe you'll change your mind..." 😁

I have to install Visual Studio on standalone PCs, or internal networked ones, or isolated VMs. I've got the process down now, but they sure don't make it easy to install without an internet connection. Everyone just assumes you are always online. I've had to contact other companies for offline installer packages and the support/sales people have been so young sometimes (or at least that's is my guess) that they don't even understand what I'm asking for! "Offline... was that even a thing...?"

clshades

crazy thing is they have stopped leaking for now but this is what has been happening they leak fro a couple of time then stop for a while lol I am just replacing them
crazy thing is they have stopped leaking for now but this is what has been happening they leak fro a couple of time then stop for a while lol I am just replacing them asap
I'm not a fan of the 90 degree style personally. Annoying to set at the angle you want when you're doing the last little bit of tightening.

FreeKnight

I was going to make Tonkotsu broth for ramen from scratch this weekend, and thought I'd just can leftover stock for later. Well it turns out stocks need to be pressure canned, not just hot canned. 'No problem, I'll get a pressure canner' I foolishly thought to myself.

Well it turns out they're out of stock everywhere and even online stores are 'Delivery in February'. Tried the Home hardwares out of Edmonton in the nearest towns even and they're out of stock too. Sheesh.

Guess that idea is getting delayed for a while.

Izerous

Folding Team
I have done hot canning and for some recipes (jam/jelly) often just inversion canning. Need to look into pressure canning.

lowfat

Staff member
Updated my boards bios just after Christmas since the PBO2 bios was out. I had disabled sleep so I could always have it run Prime95 all day long while I found my OC for each core. So it never went to sleep for about 2 weeks. About a week ago I re-enabled sleep. After 3 days of it locking up when trying to wake from sleep I knew something was up.

I see my bios was pulled from Asus' site and there are 2 new bioses out. So I try the newest. Been 4 days and not a single issue w/ sleep.

Then today I decide to go in to my bios as I wanted to ever so slightly raise my current limits for PBO. Notice immediately that the bios seems laggy. I increase them by 10 anyways. Get back to Windows and my audio is stuttering. Try cinabench, score is 50% lower, and HWinfo shows dozens of WHEA errors. Try a CMOS reset and reapply profile. Same issues. Check event viewer and its showing
Code:
Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Unknown Error Source
Error Type: Bus/Interconnect Error

Google tells me its FCLK instability. I've done hundreds of hours of stressing memory, Prime95, and at least 300 hours of gaming on this setup @ those clocks. Internet also tells me this version of AGESA was supposed to increase fclk overclocking. Yet mine is now completely unstable.

Latest posts