What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

sswilson

Staff member
Powering up the build I'm doing out of printed / salvaged parts has reminded me that in the early days, Bitfenix was sourcing some kind of mutant powered LED lights for their cases.... Damn near blinded me the first time I powered it on. :)

sswilson

Staff member
Don't want to give away too many back room secrets, but I had to share this one.... :)

Seriously dudes..... if your registration IP's name actually has the phrase "SEO" embedded directly into it, there's a pretty good chance you're not going to pass go, collect $200, and get approved. :)

Last edited:

Prickly007

I was going to make Tonkotsu broth for ramen from scratch this weekend, and thought I'd just can leftover stock for later. Well it turns out stocks need to be pressure canned, not just hot canned.

Why not just freeze it?

Working on restoring all of my software on a fresh install for my main rig... I've saved the file for future installs).

Back in the day, when I was reformatting every four months, after travelling to/from Texas-Vancouver, I kept a folder with every single programme, patch, game file, etc on my data drive... I think I used the same ATI 9700 Pro driver for 5+ years. lol Anyway, I still haven't abandoned the practice. ;)

Last edited:

Izerous

Folding Team
Why not just freeze it?

Back in the day, when I was reformatting every four months, after travelling to/from Texas-Vancouver, I kept a folder with every single programme, patch, game file, etc on my data drive... I think I used the same ATI 9700 Pro driver for 5+ years. lol Anyway, I still haven't abandoned the practice. ;)

When i was travelling back and forth across the border for business i was in that habit as well. That way I could remove source code that I had checked out and other things and make sure there was less likely to have anything happen but I could easily restore when I got home.

FreeKnight

Why not just freeze it?

I thought about it, but don't really have the freezer space at the moment, need to eat up some of the food I have in there.

And for how often we had days above zero the last month I didn't want to chance outdoor freezing. Might keep an eye out for a deep freeze for the garage one day though.

Shadowmeph

debating on switching cases for my old gaming PC for my newer ( 1150 socket) gaming PC witch is actually in a server case but my old 2500K gaming system is water cooled and in a huge case with lots of air movement just really not looking forward to all of that work or if it is even worth doing it all for me it probably will take at least a whole day to do also not sure if my custom water cooling block will line up with my

sswilson

Staff member
Dear Microsoft:

If you're going to label something as "optional", maybe think about ensuring that it doesn't break a critical feature (like sleep mode) thus forcing users to install it?

If you need help with this concept, maybe I can send you a link to either a dictionary or thesaurus website so you can get a handle on the difference between optional and mandatory?

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

(This has been going on for at least 6 months, and it's getting really old)

FreeKnight

It's not much of a rant, but I'm a bit annoyed the 3080 Ti was cancelled. Would really like to get an upgrade for my 5900x build. Of course knowing how awful availability will be it's not the end of the world.

Lysrin

It's not much of a rant, but I'm a bit annoyed the 3080 Ti was cancelled. Would really like to get an upgrade for my 5900x build. Of course knowing how awful availability will be it's not the end of the world.
Really? I missed that little piece of news. That is disappointing. That was the option that I was cautiously considering at some point. Hmm...

EDIT: Looked it up, maybe just postponed? Albeit for a long time ...

Last edited:

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Really? I missed that little piece of news. That is disappointing. That was the option that I was cautiously considering at some point. Hmm...

EDIT: Looked it up, maybe just postponed? Albeit for a long time ...
Postponed or vaporware, it doesnt really matter when people still cant get their hands on a 3080. :(

Latest posts