What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

gingerbee

So it looks like that whole 3060 GPU mining stoppage/halved seems to be a joke really since there already people showing the card making enough money to make it worth wild.

Here I am hoping to finally get my hands on a 3000 series card so I was hoping on a 3070 then a 3060Ti and now I had at least hoped for a 3060 after hearing the nerfing news about it but alas it was all for not lol

edit. Yes I know it's another type of crypto can you tell I dont know shit about mining

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
My understanding and research shows that the 'lock' (50% hash) is only being applied to the daggerhasimoto (Eth) algorithm. It works at 100% speed for any other algo's.

Its a joke.

mGz

Most gamers use NH for mining anyway which is already damn inefficient. Convenience and accessibility > profits.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Most gamers use NH for mining anyway which is already damn inefficient. Convenience and accessibility > profits.
Its not that big a cut from what I've seen. They do take a cut, yes, but as you said for a lot of people that convenience and accessibility is worth the price of admission.

They take 2% of each BTC payment, and at the (nearly) high point this weekend, I sold out for 0% to coinbase. Coinbase charged me 1% to send it to paypal, if I remember.

So 3%. I'm quite fine with that for the ease of setup and operation.

FreeKnight

Zotac received my GPU on Wednesday and today sent a stock email notifying me they've gotten it and the process may take up to 30 days from today. Ouch.

I realize it probably won't take that long, but with cross border shipping it's been a bit of a wait. Don't think I'd buy another Zotac from either Newegg or Amazon just on the chance it ends up being a US model. Buying from MemEx or Mike's I'd still consider them.

Though their 3080s didn't get great press from Buildzoid IIRC, so it may be back to Asus or EVGA for me whenever the 3080 Ti is out and *available)*, which is probably going to be 2023 at this rate....

FreeKnight

What was wrong with your zotac? DOA?
Artifacts. Green squiggles across the screen. I didn't have a single issue until I installed Zotac's firestorm software and tried the OC scanner. As soon as I hit the button the GPU went squirrely.

I thought it might have been a thermal issue, so I applied new thermal paste and switched back to the stock cooler from the Morpheus II I was using. Originally it went away after a few days, but it reappeared with the stock cooler.

Honestly I can live with the wait, my bigger concern will be if Zotac says they can't replace it and only offer a 3070/3060 instead or a blower 2080Ti. Hopefully that's not the case, but I've read some dicey RMA stories over the years so you never know.

clshades

Artifacts. Green squiggles across the screen. I didn't have a single issue until I installed Zotac's firestorm software and tried the OC scanner. As soon as I hit the button the GPU went squirrely.

I thought it might have been a thermal issue, so I applied new thermal paste and switched back to the stock cooler from the Morpheus II I was using. Originally it went away after a few days, but it reappeared with the stock cooler.

Honestly I can live with the wait, my bigger concern will be if Zotac says they can't replace it and only offer a 3070/3060 instead or a blower 2080Ti. Hopefully that's not the case, but I've read some dicey RMA stories over the years so you never know.
Last time I had this happen to me, it was the old OCing software I was using, had left some code behind and it was basically trying to double overclock itself.

Latest posts