What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

JD

Staff member
If you've bought any RoG motherboards, usually it comes with a sticker set. Could replace with one of those? I would think any sticker you remove from a fan wouldn't really stick back on fully.

Lysrin

Does anybody bother trying to re-center the hub stickers on their fans if they're way off? I haven't in the past, but I've got one on the 220T case that's driving me nuts.... I don't expect them to be perfectly centered, but this one makes it look like the fan's got a fatal wobble going on.....

I've removed them on standard black fans, but I'm assuming that they cover the led array on RGB fans and would look weird if they were removed.
I did remove one a long while back and as JD said, it didn't survive very well. The wobble look would drive nuts too though.

sswilson

Staff member
Heh... so commenting on it here motivated me to do something about it.... :)

The fan had a recess specifically for the sticker so I figured I'd be able to remove it and put it back where it belonged. It didn't look horrible without the sticker, but it wasn't as "black" and it wasn't completely uniform so I tried to put it back on, but couldn't get it properly centered so I made the problem go away.....

case unpacked.jpg

This case already has a "void" for the lower fan, and I had enough slack in the fan cables (without having to completely re-do my cable management) so I swapped the top and bottom fan positions (the problem fan was initially in the top).

Problem solved.... :)

gingerbee

So I just got off the phone with rogers cause my internet keeps dropping out. The tech person tells me I need to change my plan. were on the 1Gbps plan. So I say what plan is higher, he says the rogers ignite and I say we have the fastest plan they offer and ask him what the difference is and he tells me we get the same "modem" we have but now we will be on the ignite.

He also keeps telling me the ignite plan is fibre so I ask will it still be the same co-axe cable line coming into the house he says, yes So again I ask what's the difference and he can't tell me.

From what I have read online I think he thought I am all wifi cause this "modem" sucks on wifi. which is why I bought a ubiquity AP
( which works great after some updates) he was just trying to sell me shit I think cause he kept saying you are on legacy not ignite you need to upgrade But to my knowledge, it's all marking and if I get the same modem how would that help my wifi. useless tech call, at least my internet is working again crazy when I think my bell hasn't gone out once since I got it almost 2 years ago

PLs tell me If I am wrong here and if there is a difference I would love to know what it is

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
So I just got off the phone with rogers cause my internet keeps dropping out. The tech person tells me I need to change my plan. were on the 1Gbps plan. So I say what plan is higher, he says the rogers ignite and I say we have the fastest plan they offer and ask him what the difference is and he tells me we get the same "modem" we have but now we will be on the ignite.

He also keeps telling me the ignite plan is fibre so I ask will it still be the same co-axe cable line coming into the house he says, yes So again I ask what's the difference and he can't tell me.

From what I have read online I think he thought I am all wifi cause this "modem" sucks on wifi. which is why I bought a ubiquity AP
( which works great after some updates) he was just trying to sell me shit I think cause he kept saying you are on legacy not ignite you need to upgrade But to my knowledge, it's all marking and if I get the same modem how would that help my wifi. useless tech call, at least my internet is working again crazy when I think my bell hasn't gone out once since I got it almost 2 years ago

PLs tell me If I am wrong here and if there is a difference I would love to know what it is
Assuming you've tested wired connections, and its not your WIFI 'dropping out' you're not wrong. Hes full of it.

draemn

I had a similar bad experience a few years back with a different ISP. I was paying for a 100mbps plan and I wasn't even getting 20mps for months other than some odd random times of the day and overall crap internet quality. The service person kept telling me that I should upgrade to faster internet to get better/faster internet. Didn't even acknowledge the problem that getting 20% of your advertised plan speed is a problem.

As for the technical apsect of ignite, I have no clue, but just sharing in your rant over shitty upsell when you aren't even getting close to the service you think you're paying for.

Shadowmeph

go to see my doc because of accident spend40 minutes on ta stupid tiny computer screen with blurry vision filling out forms finally get in to see doc here asks me a couple of questions asks me to lift my shirt makes a note then says take a week off work if you need more time of work contact the work place and if in two week there still is issues call me back and we will set up psyio sends me off I mean I was still ( and still might be) a little bit in shock and it so everything seem like it should be then two days later I realize that he didnt even so much as check my BP . then this morning the day after I talked to ICBC he sends a form for me to fill out . I think I need a new doc I seem to be more forgetful then in pain dont get me wrong I have pains all over the place and am not sleeping but its the dam brain fog and forgetfulness that is getting to me I wrote things down then forget where I put it

draemn

Wow some guy listed an i7-920 CPU on facebook marketplace for $100... I usually don't get bothered too much by people who want to list their crap at bad prices, but this is just a head scratcher. Is this person just hoping to scam someone who doesn't know better (unlikely) or do they actually think their crap 10 year old CPU is worth that much?

gingerbee

Assuming you've tested wired connections, and its not your WIFI 'dropping out' you're not wrong. Hes full of it.
Yes I have,Ya so after many support calls later I finally get one person a nice lady who tells me they're just not supporting that modem anymore so there kinda forcing you to upgrade which is total BS but she did say that she bets if I upgrade that I will have a better connection wow so basically there giving people on the old hardware shitty service so they upgrade to a more expensive plan the ignite marketing garbage.
Yes I know it sounds very tin foil haty lol

Thanks all.

Yes, shadow you need a doc who gives a shit cause it sounds like you may have more than just a little discomfort going on you can't mess around with your brain if you are having those kinda problems I think you should go to the hospital. but I can tell you from experience if your doctor is blowing you off and there is something wrong it always ends badly

Latest posts