What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

sswilson

Staff member

My better half woke me up this morning because of this. One block over from us, and according to her, the house shook and it sounded like something hit the roof (I checked and didn't see anything there.... we're probably 3 - 400' away as the crow flies so it's not inconceivable a thin piece of trailer would have flown that far).

I slept through the explosion of course... :)

sswilson

Staff member
It's possible, but it was a pretty ghetto looking travel trailer that's been there for less than a week. It looked like they might be working on it so my first guess would be a propane leak that built up overnight and then ignited this morning.

I had a quick look on google maps and there's 7 houses between us and the site of the explosion.

gingerbee

damn that's too close for comfort and there's a park right there, its amazing no one was hurt with so many house's so close

edit holy crap I looked on google maps and if your saying you live 7 house's away, any of which way you count on any of the streets 7 house's is pretty damn far away must have been a big explosion if your wife felt the build shake and something hit your roof. I can't believe no one was injured

Last edited:

dragoonxx

why is puropost shipping so slowwwwww?!
ordered the rest of my computer upgrade from newegg (and best buy...because they had ryzen 5000 series available to ship...at MSRP...) on the same day, both orders shipped same day, both listed as shipping from ontario... processor arrived on the 14th (estimated delivery the 15th, shipped purolator), and the newegg order...as of this morning...hasn't updated since the 11th as "Shipment received at originating postal facility"

Shadowmeph

ok wall orf words huge issue
Ugg so after my truck was written off And for the life of my I cannot find another one that is at the very least manual trans and not one of the lemon engines out there I bought a 06 lexus is 350 just so that Ihad some wheels that wouldnt depreciate in value unlit I can find a truck . I dont drive allot only when necessary.

first day I drive this car ( beautiful car ) brakes squealed ok well new rotors car was just washed so I let it go Igo home park it later on in the night I take it out brakes pulling to the right for a short while this goes away. I drive about 20Kms and I was using the manual paddle shifter then when I came to a red light I put it back into drive start driving and I had the stereo playing I look down at the rpms and they are pretty high my sped was 50MPH ( it an American car) so I thought oh ok I must still be in manual so I look at and I am not then it shift from 3rd to forth everything is ok I take mental note but continue on . the next day I take the car back to the dealer to address the brakes pulling and also mention about the shifting ( which by the way happened again on the way to the used car dealer which is maybe 4 Kms from my home) the say the brakes pulling it the new router s but if I would like they would make an appointment for there mobile mech to look at them so I say yes a few days later ( I hadnt driven the car in between) I take the car in take the mech out for a drive and of course the brakes pull slightly for a quick second and so when we get back it walks around to the front of the car looks at the rotors and says the same thing about new rotors , I know a little about cars have works on allot of them for many years and I mention to him that this isnt normal but I will give it a few more drives. so a few days later I drive to my mothers show her the car and what not on the way home the transmission does the same thing so I put it into manual and shifted it showed the shift into forth and 5th gear but it wasn't actual shifting . I call a local trans shop and the took the car the next day it pulls a code p0761 and this transmission is a sealed transmission that lexus says has a lifetime no maintenance on it , my first question is how long is life time and the second it WTH really I do not belief that at the very least a fluid change should be done on any mechanical part that uses fluid. so I go back to the dealer and calmly tell them what's up ,they look into it yesterday I get a call from then saying oh we will buy a used transmission and our mobile guy will put it in. hehe ya like that's going to happen go from on issue t possibly other issues that could could be something simple like trans fluid needing change or valve body work or rebuild the transmission or the ECM or the TCM this is a electronic shift trans. I am going to call this dealer back and tell them I want my money and hope that I get it back but to be totally honest I am not sure what will come of this its to bad the car looks great but I am not wanting to open this can of worms all the way I want to close it back up and be some with it .
I was thinking of maybe saying taking the used trans to the trans shop they look at it first then they put it in but my whole gut is saying dont do that.
I am hoping something good will come out of this but I am hoping for the best and expecting the worst. on a side note this car lot are not saying no but they are being a little resistant and to be honest the car I traded in that they gave me 7K for is up for sale there for 12nine I traded that and 3 k for this car plus another 843 cad for a extended 3 month warranty which I read says it will cover the first 1000 dollars and has a 100cad deductible . to do trans work on this car if its all bad will be several 1000 ( like around 4 K)

moocow

Ah ok, I have some experience in the area of sealed auto transmission. First of all, there's no such thing as life time fluids, BMW dealer told me the same crap on my parent's old car (now mine) and it blown up after 200K KM. Audi actually got sued over it because theirs would routinely fail after 100K miles (160K KM). In manufacturer's view, life time = 100K Miles. The rebuild cost of the 5 speed auto ZF box was $5K.

Second, new rotors and pads shouldn't pull. I got a new set of sporty aftermarket stuff on my beater Subaru and it never pulls. Granted, I had all the calipers rebuilt. Even for my BMW, the car never pulls with new TWR or OEM rotors and Hawks HPS pads (which is well known to eat rotors after a while).

crazyea

Is it possible it needs balancing or alignment? As for the your feelings about returning the car, isn’t there a buyers remorse window? If you aren’t comfortable just return it.

Latest posts