What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

Shadowmeph

why I am a cash guy there has been a few times where my bank cards didnt work when just fueling up and I was lucky to get ( just get) to and from work that day and to the gas station running on fumes the next day and it worked so I went back to having cash on me at all times so when this happens again I wont have to worry the gas station is the only time I used my card saves the trip inside

FreeKnight

Just to keep folks up to date, the situation has been resolved. A full refund has been issued. We've handled it like adults and professionals. All good.
While I'm glad you got a refund I definitely won't ever engage in any BST with the member in the future. I know the mods (rightfully) don't want a ton of dirty laundry aired outside of PMs, but in a situation like this there's a vested interest in some of us to avoid transactions with certain members (reminds me of the issues with bobbylou a few years back)

anabioz

While I'm glad you got a refund I definitely won't ever engage in any BST with the member in the future. I know the mods (rightfully) don't want a ton of dirty laundry aired outside of PMs, but in a situation like this there's a vested interest in some of us to avoid transactions with certain members (reminds me of the issues with bobbylou a few years back)

Oh boy, why does that ring a bell? I have been around for awhile and this name left a bad taste...

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
bobbylou? He'd get paid and take 2-3 weeks to ship. You got your stuff, but you had to bitch at him to get it while getting lied to. I don't tolerate liars on the BST, so after I caught him in the act a couple times he got punted.

Rison

Administrator
Folding Team
There's a name I have not heard in a long time. Yeah, thought all the above was kinda known around here already.

As for a rant. Working with contractors during covid. Trying to get some things done around the house - example.. trying to get my driveway paved. Called 8 contractors (4 of which leave ads in the driveway with those flyer packages).
Two of them called back.. one of them said they wouldn't come out here (it's 35m from the city). I guess i'll go with the one quote? :(

gingerbee

well, it seems a certain member account isn't working which I am glad to see. I really hate when members have to be punted lol but sometimes its the only thing that works

well, that gets things back to the normal routine.😁

all rogers customers back up in my little city can you believe there saying an Ericsson update to switch's caused all the mayhem
hope all have a great day

oh here's my little rant for the day my wife booked a bunch of house's to see too bad half of them we don't want to buy lol

Soultribunal

Staff member
bobbylou? He'd get paid and take 2-3 weeks to ship. You got your stuff, but you had to bitch at him to get it while getting lied to. I don't tolerate liars on the BST, so after I caught him in the act a couple times he got punted.

The upside is at least he did eventually ship.
I was part of that group that all paid Sniper for the same product that he never actually had. He sold the same thing to 6 of us. Lost a good chunk of $$$ to him (along with people on other forums besides HWC).

-ST

sswilson

Staff member
1618923316862.png

Holy crap dudes!!!!!!

If I didn't want to take the time to do your crappy little survey the first time, spamming me multiple times during the same 24 hour period most certainly isn't going to make me change my mind.... :)

Want me to do your crappy little survey (that like all of the other similar surveys really isn't designed to get any useful information)? Offer me a 10 - 15% coupon to do it....

FreeKnight

The upside is at least he did eventually ship.
I was part of that group that all paid Sniper for the same product that he never actually had. He sold the same thing to 6 of us. Lost a good chunk of $$$ to him (along with people on other forums besides HWC).

-ST
I had bought a couple waterblocks and a rad a year or two before that all went down and while I got them, there were more stripped screw holes and bent fins than there were whole ones. Never ended up doing much about it because they did technically work, but never dealt with him again. Luckily this kept me from ever getting totally ripped off by him.

crazyea

I don’t mind joining a mailing list, especially if I like the product, but if I get more than one email per week I immediately unsubscribe.

Latest posts