What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

gingerbee

Ya, we have gotten insurance, they gave us 60 days to get it inspected. Since there are no ESA inspectors going out right now cause of Covid they said just get it inspected by an ESA-certified electrician.

I talked to an electrician today and booked him in for august 18 they said it won't be an issue if it is the way I am telling them it is meaning brand new box and breaker with only 2 aluminum lines in the whole house, but those lines terminate into an aluminum block with a brass screw to lock it in place, they just want proof it's not all corroded causing a problem as you can see in the pic I uploaded it won't be a problem but we will be changing it out once we get the other things we need to do right away like the roof we need to do ASAP.

she said its all legal and by code but insurance companies worry about galvanic corrosion, you would think they would be more worried about the fact the roof needs to be done right away but no biggie

Oh, the only thing I am worried about a bit now is we found out that Simcoe housing still owns the home attached to us, sucks cause there's no way they will go half's on anything for the roof if ever needed, oh well.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-07-22 183119.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-07-22 183119.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 10

clshades

Damn it, now I have a rant. Got the insurance we need for the house of course, but cause there are 2 aluminum wires we need an inspection done, and we only have 60 days from the 27th of July. Normally I wouldn't worry, but because of covid I can't say for sure we will be able to get electricians in to do it in time. keeping my fingers crossed and we have already started to call around.
Better to get rid of those aluminium wires.

gingerbee

Yup, that's the plan once we get the roof done and we have the extra cash it will be getting done, we told them when they come to do the inspection we'd like them to get us a quote for replacing those wires.

We also want to replace the water heater in the next few years it works fine but it's 11 years old this summer, so not sure how long it will last since there life expectancy is only 10, we may go hot water on-demand all depends what life brings lol

Izerous

Folding Team
Yup, that's the plan once we get the roof done and we have the extra cash it will be getting done, we told them when they come to do the inspection we'd like them to get us a quote for replacing those wires.

We also want to replace the water heater in the next few years it works fine but it's 11 years old this summer, so not sure how long it will last since there life expectancy is only 10, we may go hot water on-demand all depends what life brings lol
So side note if you were not aware large items you can stack into your mortgage depending on how good the company/broker your dealing with is. I mean it's better to have the cash on hand to pay it out but when we bought the house we had ~11k added to the total value of the mortgage to cover the roof on the garage and hot water tank so they were resolved right away. Beats paying 11k at credit card interest rates.

gingerbee

I know but your right cash in hand is best and that's what we got, I didn't want to pay interest on anything but the house. I made sure they didn't even put our taxes in our mortgage cause we can just pay that ourself's since I got told we have a tax bill coming on august 15th lol

We budgeted in the roof, then found out during the house inspection about the aluminum wires so we are able to cover the inspection of them and hell maybe even the changing of them out don't know yet depends on cost. We are in pretty good shape financially after the house purchase we just want to spread it out so were not draining those bank account, cause there are a few little things we want to do like adding more insulation into the attic.

It's really just finding a balance of things we need to do things we want to do, and not draining the accounts below 5g, just a rule my family has always followed you don't have any money till you have at least 5g in the bank, (emergency funds) honestly these days we should really be aiming for 10g. I was way more worried about getting someone in on the time frame they gave us. 😁

Edit I had to add this in, so the bank had tried to get my wife extra coverage in case she gets sick or something along those lines they pay the mortgage when she is off work, it is a type of default mortgage protection. we have the normal stuff, if someone dies kinda thing then they still get paid out. They denied her on the basis of having IBS lol um ok, not that we really care cause were smart with our money so we always have that emergency fund.

I don't know why insurance companies just say unless our in perfect health in every which way then your not getting that extra coverage

Last edited:

Shadowmeph

GRRRRR updated my rapi 4 libreelec to the newest version and it messed up every setting like when you watch a vid but stop go watch something else then come back it would resume from last place also would check off all the watched videos its all gone also there was a way so that I could scroll through a page at a time of my videos instead of one video at a time . I went back to the original version at the setting are still messed up and I cannot for the life of me remember if it was me that set it all up or it came that way when I installed libreelec I am very frustrated and debating to just unp0lag it all and use one of my old laptops and plug in the two hard drives into its usb

clshades

I know but your right cash in hand is best and that's what we got, I didn't want to pay interest on anything but the house. I made sure they didn't even put our taxes in our mortgage cause we can just pay that ourself's since I got told we have a tax bill coming on august 15th lol

We budgeted in the roof, then found out during the house inspection about the aluminum wires so we are able to cover the inspection of them and hell maybe even the changing of them out don't know yet depends on cost. We are in pretty good shape financially after the house purchase we just want to spread it out so were not draining those bank account, cause there are a few little things we want to do like adding more insulation into the attic.

It's really just finding a balance of things we need to do things we want to do, and not draining the accounts below 5g, just a rule my family has always followed you don't have any money till you have at least 5g in the bank, (emergency funds) honestly these days we should really be aiming for 10g. I was way more worried about getting someone in on the time frame they gave us. 😁

Edit I had to add this in, so the bank had tried to get my wife extra coverage in case she gets sick or something along those lines they pay the mortgage when she is off work, it is a type of default mortgage protection. we have the normal stuff, if someone dies kinda thing then they still get paid out. They denied her on the basis of having IBS lol um ok, not that we really care cause were smart with our money so we always have that emergency fund.

I don't know why insurance companies just say unless our in perfect health in every which way then your not getting that extra coverage
Denied because of irritable bowel syndrome? That's just el oh el dude. Wtf

dragoonxx

looking for some new handlebars for my bike, come across shimano's "Pro" line....and their site is absolute...garbage... come across one handlebar- PLT ERGO CARBON HANDLEBAR- advertised as compact drop (i.e. <130mm drop)... the tech specs on the main page follow this... look at reviews...and its got a different drop number (130mm drop), look at tech specs...and all the values vary by bar width!

sswilson

Staff member
I don't mind getting "amazon answers" emails asking me if I know the answer to questions that other amazon users have asked about a product I've purchased. I've answered a few, and offered an opinion on several others, but I absolutely hate getting questions about products I haven't bought.

Products with multiple versions not only group all of their reviews together, they also group the questions.

(I'm also getting tired of seeing the exact same does "XXXX" memory work with my laptop questions.... :) ).