What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

crazyea

the area isnt that great at least it was a few years back actually both areas ( they are pretty much 3 blocks away from each other) are not or where not good . it used to be Vietching ( used to be 65th-80th 132-123street) area but it might be different now always before just park around the area at night for a few hours maybe drive around a little for a few hours at night you will notice
Lol. There is an elementary school, a high school, a college/university, and a huge athletic park all within a few blocks. Of course it’s in demand. I lived here in this neighbourhood for 24 years and never had any problems. In that time it’s always been mostly Indo Canadian. Of course it’s not an upper class neighborhood. My sister lives in a nicer neighborhood close to panorama ridge, her house is larger, her lot is larger, but it hasn’t increased as much as the houses between 64th to 76th and 124th to 132nd.

EDIT: I see people talk down on Surrey all the time but people have been moving here like crazy. The area around guildford is like the new Richmond. Heavy Asian population. When I moved here in 94 from Vancouver everyone was saying how I wouldn’t last, I’d hate it, etc. Still haven’t left yet. Only lately have I though of Langley as it’s going through a huge boom now too and my wife works there.

Last edited:

gingerbee

I didn say southern Ontario and I don't mean the Toronto area if you look outside of Barrie and Orillia there are some and there will be more in the coming months. I just looked on MLS and there are over 20 properties under 500g and If I look in the surrounding area there are a lot of properties under 500g. in ontario

in Barrie there over 50 and this is in cities just look on https://www.realtor.ca/ set it to 500g max

this place is pretty cool for where it is a little on the older style and I am not sure if its years round think it is

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-07-29 170230.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-07-29 170230.jpg
    333.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Shadowmeph

Lol. There is an elementary school, a high school, a college/university, and a huge athletic park all within a few blocks. Of course it’s in demand. I lived here in this neighbourhood for 24 years and never had any problems. In that time it’s always been mostly Indo Canadian. Of course it’s not an upper class neighborhood. My sister lives in a nicer neighborhood close to panorama ridge, her house is larger, her lot is larger, but it hasn’t increased as much as the houses between 64th to 76th and 124th to 132nd.

EDIT: I see people talk down on Surrey all the time but people have been moving here like crazy. The area around guildford is like the new Richmond. Heavy Asian population. When I moved here in 94 from Vancouver everyone was saying how I wouldn’t last, I’d hate it, etc. Still haven’t left yet. Only lately have I though of Langley as it’s going through a huge boom now too and my wife works th
I worked the area as security lived in surrey most of my livce over 45 years I know about the university elementary school PM high school ( I think it still called that) and all that I am, talking about the gang in the area they more then likely wont want to cause to much attention but there is more of a chance of something bad happening because of them in that area but like I mentioned it was around 5 years ago they could have been pushed out, the crew I was with was having issues and they were talking about it but that was again 4-5 years ago there was at least 10 booze cans and crack houses just around 68thand 127th area most activity is later at night usually when the bars closed maybe covid quietened the area also less people at bars .
I actually also laugh at people that put down surrey usually it was whalley world which was were I was mostly in back in the day Newton was mild and calm

crazyea

I worked the area as security lived in surrey most of my livce over 45 years I know about the university elementary school PM high school ( I think it still called that) and all that I am, talking about the gang in the area they more then likely wont want to cause to much attention but there is more of a chance of something bad happening because of them in that area but like I mentioned it was around 5 years ago they could have been pushed out, the crew I was with was having issues and they were talking about it but that was again 4-5 years ago there was at least 10 booze cans and crack houses just around 68thand 127th area most activity is later at night usually when the bars closed maybe covid quietened the area also less people at bars .
I actually also laugh at people that put down surrey usually it was whalley world which was were I was mostly in back in the day Newton was mild and calm
There is definitely gang issues. There was actually an accident in this intersection caused by guys fleeing a hit. But the gang war is not just local to surrey. It is all over the lower mainland. Langley, Burnaby, Coquitlam, Deep Cove, Maple Ridge everywhere. I grew up in east van and it was the same there. Heck, move out of the city to Mission, Abbotsford, Chilliwack and even Kelowna. Move to a fancy neighbourhood? Nope still gang members hiding there.

I did mobile patrol for years all over the gvr and I usually had the most problems with drunk white kids. lol

crazyea

Newton itself around 72 and king George is pretty bad these days. Both of my older kids worked at the Mc Donald’s and it was always full of drunk and druggies. But I will tell you they also both moved to south surrey white rock and it wasn’t any better. This time it was drunk guys in their 40s harassing the workers every night.

Shadowmeph

There is definitely gang issues. There was actually an accident in this intersection caused by guys fleeing a hit. But the gang war is not just local to surrey. It is all over the lower mainland. Langley, Burnaby, Coquitlam, Deep Cove, Maple Ridge everywhere. I grew up in east van and it was the same there. Heck, move out of the city to Mission, Abbotsford, Chilliwack and even Kelowna. Move to a fancy neighbourhood? Nope still gang members hiding there.

I did mobile patrol for years all over the gvr and I usually had the most problems with drunk white kids. lol
yes its s ever where but the places where these peeps hang out and where they make money like there booze cans and crack houses get robbed . not like the old days people just got disappeared there was no show ( or very rarely was) blasting away down the street at each other when they dont even know how to shoot or think like in a dam game with no care what so ever to anyone else just cowardly idiots

Latest posts