What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

Soultribunal

Staff member
Hence the way she behaves is because of the way she was treated ( by people ) so how can you tell me people didn't make her the way she is, I never said dogs like that are not going to be problematic but you have a ribbon to try and help the way she is by having people know and approach her in a certain manner which hopefully in time she will not behave like this, only time will tell

It is people who have had their dogs since it was a puppy ( rescues are always special cases ) and do no training and let the dog walk all over them that I have a problem with cause 99% of the time they're also the ones who say "she/he is not aggressive she/he is just protective" even when it's clear the owners have no control over the dog. sorry but not walking your dog if it needs long walks IMHO might as well be abuse since it will help drive the dog nuts. also,

what I am getting at is dogs learn to be shit heads because of shit head owners just look at the way your poor dog was treated and you can't tell me it didn't cause the behavior that she now has is my point, of course, rescue dogs are special cases and there called rescue's cause they need rescuing from shitty people. It sounds like your doing your best to help her not to behave this way and as I said hopefully in time she will get better she may never get better but My point stands she is this way because shitty people indirectly taught her to be this way. veen if she was just left outside and left for dead which is why she is now protective of you and your family the people who ahve shown her love and security hence the behavior.

PS I was speaking from whats considered a normal upbringing of a puppy, not a rescue/saved dog they will normally always be special cases, my old Chiwawa mix was a rescue missing half her front lip, she was used by a breeder and kept in a cage for 3 years of her life trying to chew her self out caused the lost pieces of her lip she was very aggressive, but after 5 years of long walks and basic training she learned to love people and was great around people, she never got good around other dogs so we kept her away from other dogs at all cost, but her behavior was the result of being used and the way she was treated that caused the behavior we had to help her fix

So, you changed your narrative from person (i.e specific situation) to people (broad ranging). Its interesting, because I never told you what 'catagorical' abuse. You assumed, and are wrong that it was a person.
She was abandoned by her mother (it happens a lot more than you can imagine) and terrorized by other dogs. Found starving, at a roadside, in St.Lucia.
This is why assumption is the MOAFU.

Yes, people need to train there dogs. But non-dog owners need to learn how to approach dogs as well.
I have had Perfectly trained, healthy, happy dogs go 'rouge' because they felt under threat, and defended this perceived threat.

I'm not undermining your thoughts that all dogs need to be properly trained, but in looking at a person and assuming anything, just makes for more prejudice and bias and incorrect perception on what is actually the case.

If you saw my dog and I walking, at times she can seem 'unruly' and people would assume that I or she have an issue. But it is just that, a perception of something that is far from the reality of what actually is.

-ST

Shadowmeph

Did you some how do something like this shadow lol not sure how you would but

I actually watched a video on shortcuts that didn't involved creating or going into anything like properties could be a coincidence. I am not the greatest at typing and I mistype allot lol

gingerbee

Well said, yes I did go from person to people, but you also think that assuming that an animal was abused by people was a crazy thing to do, cause that's not how it happens literally 99% of the time. because you have a very rare case of a dog who was abandoned by a human then her mother which by the way is abuse from a human which left her/him in a shitty situation but the behavior was indirectly caused by people.

I am making logical assumptions since I am married to someone in the veterinary field and 99% of the time, not all the time but most of it, if the dog has behavior issues it's caused by shitty owners just ask anyone in the vet field. Are there rare cases like yours yes, are there rare cases where a dog is just crazy/bad yes, also If I saw you walking your dog and she/he was out of control a little I don't automatically go oh shitty owners? my problem is every time I have had run-ins with problem dogs it turned out they had shitty owners cause I don't know if you are aware but most people don't do 20% of what they should do for their dogs physical and mental health. IE proper healthcare proper exercise and proper training, I am not surprised some dogs lose their shit.

I have a neighbor who has an out of control dog he has done what he says is everything he can, funny cause he walks him once a week or so and keeps him muzzled cause the dog is out of control and I would bet he is a high strung dog ( he's bouncing all the time ) who needs way more exercise then he will ever get is that the dog's fault no is it his fault 100%. anywho were getting into the weeds here.

I get your saying don't just assume the owner is bad just cause their dog is a little wild and I don't, but in all my run-ins with problems dogs, it's the owner, not the dog that is the issue. plus I have heard loads of those same bad owners say she is not aggressive she protective, cause bad owners love that line

In fact, I have 3 cases within 20 yards of me right now hell even my mother-in-law doesn't do what her dog needs for good mental health. I have to walk him 4 times a day cause she won't imagine that a dog who doesn't get walked ( baffles me ). My next-door neighbor who I didn't even know she had a dog cause it spends all its time in a dog kennel all of these things are recipes for a bad dog cause no one ever says eh what's good for my dog's mental health. Dogs are treated like furniture.

crazyea

I'm not going to debate rescue/abused or whatever. When we are going to our car and their dog runs out of the house and bites my kid, that is 100% the owners fault. When this dog is raised from a pup and isn't socialized and raises the hackles and tries to get at my family, well I have no pity for it or the owners. If you have a dog that is unpredictable then you as the owner needs to make sure that dog doesn't get at people. Not the other way around.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
so I take it that a person cannot on a laptop run both DVI and HDMI for a dual monitor setup the HDMI monitor when turned on will cancel out the DVI monitor ?
Usually one of the ports (HDMI?) is tied to the iGPU on modern laptops, and disables anything else...

Why is this a thing in 2020+, across multiple brands and types of chips? Now that's a great question...

djbrad

You may need to disable the laptop screen to get dvi + hdmi out (it may not support 3 screens or 1x4k + 1x1080p, etc)

crazyea

My landlord hit a new low. Says he will sell to an interested party who will evict us on two months notice unless we volunteer to an 18% rent increase.

This guy is nuts.