What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
Landlords arnt anyones friend. They're running a business, and making money off the backs of renters.

They're not going bankrupt by being landlords. Its a toxic enviroment, and (IMHO) terrible for a society to allow the exploitation to continue as it has.
they are rare...but there are good landlords out there...and when they have good tenants it makes for a positive relationship.

it is sad that, that is the exception and not the norm :(

crazyea

Majority aren't very pleasant, but in my time I have had a few that truly treated us like we are family. Some understand the merit in having good tenants who pay on time and are happy that they can rent worry free for the most part. Then there are others who only see what market value is and constantly worry about what they are losing in revenue to long term tenants. There was an article on the news about the Greater Vancouver market and how we have one of the highest eviction rates. Many unscrupulous landlords trying to get theirs. Rental prices are incredibly high and continue to rise. Certainly it cant continue like this?

An example of one of the good ones. My mom has rented the same house since 1984. In Vancouver. Off of Southern Night street. The landlord has rarely if ever raised her rent and she pays Like $980 for a 6 bedroom house with a double lot. The landlord is very old now, my mom is pretty old now, and they still tell her she is family and she can stay as long as she likes. I wouldn't expect this, but wow, that is a good landlord.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Dont kid yourselves. They might be nice people and nice to you but they're still making money off of you. Its a business. Not a kindness.

If you think they're so 'nice' you can always try asking for a 10% discount, and see how 'nice' they are. :)

Shadowmeph

Most standard laptops only support 2 screens at a time. I had to learn this lesson a few years age
I was using the dock and the hdmi on the dock I was using usb to hdmi thing which worked but started lagging , on my older Laptop same make just a few years older I was able to use the docks HDMI and the laptops HDMI without any issues at all.
this newer laptop I use the laptops HDMI and switched from the USB to HDMI to the docks dvi and of course I can use only one at a time like if my TV using the HDMI is off the DVI will work as soon as I turn on the TV the HDMI turns off the DVI if that makes sense. part of me is thinking just screw it use my PC all the time which I can use two monitors or switch back to the older laptop . I probably am not making any real sense still drinking my morning coffee.

clshades

Landlords arnt anyones friend. They're running a business, and making money off the backs of renters.

They're not going bankrupt by being landlords. Its a toxic enviroment, and (IMHO) terrible for a society to allow the exploitation to continue as it has.

I treat my tenant top notch because I see value in someone who never misses the monthly rent. I am net Zero on it, I don't profit other than the mortgage being paid by said tenant. Zero exploitations. My only goal is to have a place for my kids to stay while going to university in the future. At that point I would give notice.

Latest posts