What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

sswilson

Staff member
Somebody either dumped diesel into the local sewer or had a major furnace oil spill. Heavy smell in the basement but the fire dept came in with their sniffer and it didn't peg any kind of PPM so we're not in any danger of the house blowing up.

City is in the neighbourhood trying to find the leak and will be flushing the lines.

Shadowmeph

So the shit has kinda hit the fan at my house, My wife is very pissed at her mother who had to get tested for covid today cause she was hanging out with her friend who runs a moving/packing business and she never told her that she was the one going into customers homes to pack their stuff ( in Toronto ) cause she short staff. which means if she gives it to my wife then she won't be able to go to a conference that we have already paid for, oh ya it's in Florida lol. like I wasn't worried enough about my wife getting covid in Florida.

damn you covid, the health board said there doubtful that she has covid cause everyone is vaxxed up and it's against the odds but we will find out tomorrow
here is the thing it's done so can't do anything about it but wait it sucks but, I would think that her mother wasn't thinking and was trying to be helpful sometimes people do things for the right reasons for friends but don't think, then when bad things happen they feel terrible because it could have been prevented.

gingerbee

Ya I get it, it was really my wife who was pissed off but thankfully she's over it, the health board was right it was unlikely since all were vaxxed up. Because all tests were negative.

Lysrin

Somebody either dumped diesel into the local sewer or had a major furnace oil spill. Heavy smell in the basement but the fire dept came in with their sniffer and it didn't peg any kind of PPM so we're not in any danger of the house blowing up.

City is in the neighbourhood trying to find the leak and will be flushing the lines.
Lovely heading into the Christmas season! Hope that gets sorted fast and the fumes don't linger.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan

well...if the power goes out, drop a tiger torch and warm up the neighbourhood!

Shadowmeph

a tiny bit of snow and because my car is rear-wheel drive and I cannot afford tires I doubt that I will be going anywhere because my work is 20+ KMs away I might be able to get there but back home at the end of my shift would be a different story

Izerous

Folding Team
a tiny bit of snow and because my car is rear-wheel drive and I cannot afford tires I doubt that I will be going anywhere because my work is 20+ KMs away I might be able to get there but back home at the end of my shift would be a different story
RWD + all season tires can be quite fun...

Even with my 2004 Outlander w/ AWD it has dedicated winter tires. No traction control, no ABS due to it being a lower trim when those were still options not standard. I had my rear bumper torn off by someone in a parking lot, by the time I got it back snow had fallen and without winter tires on it all it wanted to do was slide sideways in the uncleared residential areas, just about ended up on a sidewalk. Even with winter tires with the lack of traction control its pretty easy to spin the tires and slide it around but in a very controlled fashion to the point where I "might" be doing it on purpose sometimes.

All-weather tires seem to be getting more popular, better than an all-season but still not as good as dedicated winter tires. My neighbour just got a set on her car and so far she has been really happy. If only 1 set of tires is in the budget might be worth checking out next time.

Latest posts