What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

sswilson

Staff member
My better half typically eats while sitting on the couch. I mostly have the (small) dining room table to myself so that's where my daily use laptop lives.

Lysrin

My wife would murderize me. The dining room is specifically a 'no electronics zone' in the Sagath Household.
During COVID our dining room became my wife's office, until we set something more permanent up in the spare room. We still tend to eat more meals in the livingroom now unless someone is visiting :)

sswilson

Staff member
So yeah.... got the "we're sorry, blah, blah, blah" message today and had them call back, but there's nothing they can do until friday. If I still haven't received it by Friday, according to the CS I just spoke to I should be able to get them to send out a replacement (instead of a refund for lower than the current price).

Maybe it'll magically arrive on my doorstep tomorrow, but I have my doubts. The tracking number isn't recognized by the courier they claim to have been using.

So this just continues to be "glitchy"......

This morning was the +2 days after expected delivery date so I arranged for a CS call early this morning. Before I made the call I confirmed that the tracking still hadn't updated from the Longueuil depot (on the 28'th).

Call comes in immediately (kudos to Amazon for quick phone responses even if there was a bit of a wait to get past their AI phone system) and the gentlemen confirms the motherboard is the issue and requests to put me on hold while he determines what options are available. (I said sure, but made it clear that the option I wanted was to have the product delivered to me at the original price rather than a refund)).

After about 10 minutes on hold, call drops..... :mad:

I'm in the middle of working though the AI voice system when (to his credit) the original CS calls back, apologizes for the call dropping, and informs me he's created the new order and that I should have it by monday. (Claims I'll get shipping confirmation when it ships out).

Sounds good, so I double check the old tracking and lo & behold it's now showing that it hit moncton last night @ 22:00hrs (that most definitely wasn't there this morning before I arranged the CS call) and then at lunch I see this.....

1669998717422.png

Note the "local time" reference on the bottom..... problem is that when I saw it the local time was in fact just after 12 local so I was wondering what time zone they were going to try to deliver to.... (Still not holding out hope that the tracking reflected reality).

12:30, my neighbour calls to let me know that there's a package on our doorstep and that she didn't see the delivery dude ring the doorbell so maybe we want to grab it before some porch pirate comes along, and what do you know.... it's the original motherboard!

So...... did the CS somehow manage to contact the courier (BNI) and get them to track down the package (The tracking number wasn't working on the BNI website as of yesterday afternoon) thus resulting in them finding it at the local depot, or has a separate order been actioned and I'm going to get a second motherboard come monday?

Either way, I got "a" motherboard today so I can carry on with my build once it acclimates to room temperature.

Shadowmeph

I think that it was two months ago maybe late summer I ordered something and it arrived a month later it was coming from the US when I looked at the package it had a stamped saying something like misdirected to Korea so my small package had quite the adventure petty much a world tour lol

Shadowmeph

my pixel 7 phone arrives I think great so I open it up and realize that I cannot charge this phone because it doesn't have a charger it has a USBc to USB adapter but I will have to buy a USB cable that is mail usb on both sides so I can't charge this phone what a joke I think I will send it back paying 800+ for a phone should at the very least supply a person wil a cable to charge the phone

Lysrin

my pixel 7 phone arrives I think great so I open it up and realize that I cannot charge this phone because it doesn't have a charger it has a USBc to USB adapter but I will have to buy a USB cable that is mail usb on both sides so I can't charge this phone what a joke I think I will send it back paying 800+ for a phone should at the very least supply a person wil a cable to charge the phone
I brought this issue up a while ago... prepare to be told you don't need another charger or cable ;) I would have liked to have had full charging options included with my Pixel 6 too.