What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

clshades

it's crazy that they thought you would just be like "Oh ok whatever" I mean think of the money they could have saved if they just talked to you about the other unit or god forbid just said "ya those units won't be in stock for a week or two and then we will install your unit"

wtf is wrong with some businesses. so dumb.

Glad you got it worked out

Nah the problem is JD isn't an idiot and does his research. IF they found this thread, which would be fucking hilarious, I'm guessing they aren't gonna risk further escalation. Good job JD!

I'm guessing the salesman got his ass kicked a little for this and they'll be looking into his past sales.

gingerbee

Ya I get that and of course, everyone should be doing this when spending this kind of money but it makes me think how many other times have they done this to people and they didn't notice or do their due diligence to protect themselves, god forbid they do honest work and get paid for doing such work

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
I think all the cans from caselot are dent n bent rejects as every single can for the last year or so doesn't open properly as something's wrong with the lip and makes the opener jump. this isn't usually a problem as it's only one spot that you have to twist the sharp lid off of, but when you have two spots, almost always opposite of each other...that becomes a serious frustration.

I was making two big batches of s'ghetti sauce yesterday, one with ground beef for my inlaws and another with beyond meat for my pescatarian wife. several of the cans had this two point problem but only one was a real pain and when I was trying to pry it open, it sudden gave way in such a way my hand slipped forward and...slice! got a nice 1 cm deep gash into the flesh between my thumb and forefinger. owowow! <_<

this is a rant at my stupidity as there probably was a much better and safer way to do this. the blood. so much of it. I had to get my son to cook the hamburger so I didn't contaminate it. :p

JD

Staff member
I'm guessing the salesman got his ass kicked a little for this and they'll be looking into his past sales.
Haha, he flew out on Tuesday night for vacation :cautious:

I'll chalk it up to miscommunication but what if I had never bothered to look at the sticker? I guess these days you need to be really cautious. It is also 30C+ here in Toronto, so I wouldn't be very happy without AC. I'll consider this a "temporary unit" while mine was on "order" :rolleyes:

A similar cautionary tale... this weekend the grocery store weighed my red onion at like 0.83kg and charged me like $4.50 ($5.50/kg), weigh it at home and it's only like 0.35kg... so like $3 lost, not going to make a stink over that now, but just another thing you need to be careful of! Going to keep a closer eye on the monitor as they ring stuff through now.

crazyea

Well I guess they got the hint from the email, or they read this thread since it shows up in Google now for the model number :cool:

They called this morning and now magically have 10 units arriving, so they'll be out Tuesday to swap. Sucks that people can't just be honest and fix their mistakes without having to escalate things.
Discontinued my ass. I wouldn't deal with them again.

Arinoth

Staff member
I'm not sure if this should be a rant or a rave but I had my follow up blood test and appointment with the doctor of internal medicine who was handling my case and they don't fully know what happened, they have an idea or two but they think it was something that was originally viral, but if it happens again to call them and go to the hospital as they'll then know it wasn't viral the first time.

LaughingCrow

I think all the cans from caselot are dent n bent rejects as every single can for the last year or so doesn't open properly as something's wrong with the lip and makes the opener jump. this isn't usually a problem as it's only one spot that you have to twist the sharp lid off of, but when you have two spots, almost always opposite of each other...that becomes a serious frustration.
Yes, packaging these days is for the benefit of the manufacturer for most products, not for the consumer so they're difficult for the average person to open. Almost impossible for anyone with arthritis or low strength. I stopped buying anything I have trouble opening now.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
I'm not sure if this should be a rant or a rave but I had my follow up blood test and appointment with the doctor of internal medicine who was handling my case and they don't fully know what happened, they have an idea or two but they think it was something that was originally viral, but if it happens again to call them and go to the hospital as they'll then know it wasn't viral the first time.
how's thst? viruses flare up all the time... colds and flus are two obvious examples.

Latest posts