What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Raspberry Pi foundation announces Raspberry Pi 4b

Shadowmeph

Pi doesn't have mounting holes for the cpu. So for any heatsink you'd just use thermal adhesive tape or you'd need to fab something that uses the board mounting like the one above.

win32diskimager.
I am Canadian ... Ducttape kidding :haha:

Shadowmeph

is there a way to use a SSD connected via usb as the OS? I have a couple of older SSD that are like 60-100gb that I am currently not using if it was possible I would love to be able to use one of those for the os because my pi3b took a little while to reboot or boot up via the sd

Mr. Friendly

is there a way to use a SSD connected via usb as the OS? I have a couple of older SSD that are like 60-100gb that I am currently not using if it was possible I would love to be able to use one of those for the os because my pi3b took a little while to reboot or boot up via the sd
last I read they're working on it, but right now you can only have storage on a USB attached SSD.

lowfat

Staff member
Native USB booting works on all Pi's after 2B V1.1, which includes 3 & 4. You can even get older Pis to boot off USB, but you need to copy a single file to an sd card. I have SATA SSDs on both my Pi's. Makes a HUGE difference. Although sequential read/writes is still hugely bottlenecked on the older Pi's.

Shadowmeph

Native USB booting works on all Pi's after 2B V1.1, which includes 3 & 4. You can even get older Pis to boot off USB, but you need to copy a single file to an sd card. I have SATA SSDs on both my Pi's. Makes a HUGE difference. Although sequential read/writes is still hugely bottlenecked on the older Pi's.
and where do I find this file?

Shadowmeph

what thats it and it will point to the ssd or do I need to writer something in the file so t ha tit points to the ssd?

Arinoth

Staff member
Has anyone used win32diskimager to put say osmc or elec onto it and use it as their kodi box? I'm looking to try this out before I get a Pi 4 with my Pi 3b+ whose current SDcard image isn't doing great.

Shadowmeph

I used to use if I remember correctly it was a kodi build odf I think elec on my 3b I just dragged and droped it directly on the sd card I was trying to use other builds but was having issues with it seeng anything on my network it could only see things dirtectly on my pi also I was having heat issues when playing high res videos it wasn't over heating but it would get very very hot if I had my pi 3b in the case and it was still running very hot.

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Twitter