What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Raspberry Pi foundation announces Raspberry Pi 4b

Arinoth

Staff member
Hot damn, yes. I was wondering when we would find out about the Pi 4. What's really surprising is this line:

Raspberry Pi says the Pi 4 will remain in production until at least January 2026.

Surprised they plan to keep the Pi 4 in production for 7+ years.

Last edited:

Bond007

Thanks for posting. It could now be viable for me to recommend for more people. Desperately needed some more ram and faster interconnect. I will have to go through a few reviews.

lowfat

Staff member
wonder how soon it will take them to put an M.2 socket on the bottom of the board for integrated storage. :ph34r:

Not before 2026 :haha:. And honestly it would be completely useless on something like this.

It only has a single PCIe 2.0 lane. So 500MB/s max and everything is going to be sharing it. So even if you are only going to get SATA2.0 speeds w/ an SSD its a HUGE improvement over ~20MB/s max like the previous gen boards. And those ones the NIC shared the same bus. So you are downloading from the network, your drive speed takes a hit.

EDIT: Not bad.
tFKYo3c.png

https://www.raspberrypi.org/magpi/raspberry-pi-4-specs-benchmarks/