What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Raspberry Pi users?

enaberif

What is the general consensus on the pi3 for media center? I am thinking of possibly picking one up but concerned about 1080p playback and DTS output.

lowfat

Staff member
What is the general consensus on the pi3 for media center? I am thinking of possibly picking one up but concerned about 1080p playback and DTS output.

It is ok but not great. UI is super bare bones otherwise it can't handle it. Video playback is smooth for h.264. It can't decode H265 w/o buying a license from Broadcom. It can't bitstream HD audio, but it can decode it and play it via multichannel LPCM if you use HDMI.

Should add that you can't use it for Netflix AFAIK. So if you use it, you'll need another solution as well.

enaberif

It is ok but not great. UI is super bare bones otherwise it can't handle it. Video playback is smooth for h.264. It can't decode H265 w/o buying a license from Broadcom. It can't bitstream HD audio, but it can decode it and play it via multichannel LPCM if you use HDMI.

Should add that you can't use it for Netflix AFAIK. So if you use it, you'll need another solution as well.

Have you tried Semper over Kodi?

Shadowmeph

grr dammit same issue as before I cannot remember or figure out how to share my win10 video folder from my PC to my raspi libre elec I can access other folders that are directly connected to my router but not my PCs video folder even with it shared to everyone .

Latest posts