What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Razer barracuda headset

Jonwall

Just wondering if anyone has experience with this headset using onboard audio instead of the razer soundcard or an xfi. I just ordered it from ncix since its on for 59.99 and my creative fatality set is on its last legs.

My mobo is an asus m3a79-t deluxe, and its got full surround with digital coaxial and spdif out, so im hoping itll at least be decent enough to put the 7.1 surround to good use.

Sushi Warrior

NOOOOOOO!!!!! SELL IT!!! BURN IT!!! I MADE THE MISTAKE OF BUYING IT!!!!!

I have $30 headphones that sound better than it. It has a manufacturing defect. Expect the screw in the left cup to fall out within a week. And then have to pay to RMA it. Then have it fall out again. Then pay. Then get pissed. Then have an urge to burn it. I know from experience.

Jonwall

NOOOOOOO!!!!! SELL IT!!! BURN IT!!! I MADE THE MISTAKE OF BUYING IT!!!!!

I have $30 headphones that sound better than it. It has a manufacturing defect. Expect the screw in the left cup to fall out within a week. And then have to pay to RMA it. Then have it fall out again. Then pay. Then get pissed. Then have an urge to burn it. I know from experience.
Well just because yours had a defect it doesnt mean all of them do lol. I know plenty of people who have them and have 0 issues.

Silvgearx

I had those 2 years ago and weren't too fond of them :S

i had the AC-1 + HP-1

pro:
-the blue glow lights
-remote control that can change 5 speaker config volumes
-clearly hear foot steps in FPS games.

CONS
- those are really uncomfortable during long sessions
- 5.1 channel they said. i never notice the freaking difference
- the remote is a mediocre during gaming sessions
- the MIC is F:censored:ing too short, you literally have to yell in order to talk :angry2:
- no mid sound for music
- headset feels cheap :blarg:
- had some minor driver problems with sound card

Thats all i can remember for now.

Pelt

Sorry to dig up an old thread, was away for awhile and just getting caught up on all the older threads. Sushi Warrior is correct with regard to the left ear cup screw falling out. It may take a couple months but trust me it will fall out. If it hasn't already I recommend backing out the screw just a touch and put a dab of lock tight or even crazy clue then screw it back down, should hold for a good while. Other than that design flaw the headset wasn't that bad when paired with the AC-1 sound card but not really worth the money spent on it. If you're a Razer fan the best bang for your buck from their audio line is the Carcharias, I've got a set and they are one the best sub hundred dollar headset out there.

Andy

Argh! Such crappy headphones, mine broke after 22 days, luckily NCIX took them back and issued a refund. I was simply placing them on my head, and they snapped.

Jackquelegs

Yep, there have been NUMEROUS cases of this headset breaking. Buy the Razer Carcharias instead, or a Steelseries 5H V2. Both great headsets for reasonable prices.

Jackquelegs

despite the cries of hysteria from Sushi Warrior.
You'll obviously get a lot of subjective statements
I've tried these...and they're not that bright in terms of sound quality, especially for something that price. The selling point is the 5.1 surround, however there are only a few headsets out there that can actually produce decent surround, and this is not one.

Latest posts

Twitter