What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Razer Phone

lowfat

Staff member
8mYCXjC.jpg

5.7 120Hz 1440x2560
Snapdragon 835
8GB ram
64GB storage
4000 mAh battery
large stereo front facing speakers
$699 USD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzC_kkbFTHQ

IMO looks like one hell of a phone

Lpfan4ever

If it doesn't have an RGB strip along the edge of the phone that flashes when you get notifications then I am disappointed. :whistle:

sswilson

Staff member
I wonder if it bugs you to install proprietary software every time you plug it in???? :ph34r::ph34r:

LarkStarr

expandable storage? water resistance?

If not, that's about $100 too expensive, oneplus 5t would be the better choice.

Lysrin

Not mentioned in what I saw about either of those features so I would guess no.

According the initial impression videos I watched it is pretty much stock Android running under Nova Launcher Pro (that's a nice launcher). No additional Razor software to bug you and the only custom thing is their camera app that is able to switch seamlessly between the regular and telephoto lenses of the two cameras without having to press a screen button. That is neat. It running Android 7.1.1 I believe but supposed to receive Oreo early 2018. Apparently the 120Hz display makes general use, scrolling, etc. pretty impressive. However I don't game on my phone so 120Hz for gaming isn't a draw for me. Big battery is a plus though.

It is an interesting option but I would still be cautious of spending that much on a company that is not a big player in that field yet.

EDIT: Nova Launcher Prime, not Pro as I originally said.

Last edited:

lowfat

Staff member
120Hz isn't just for gaming. All motion is going to look smoother. Even if I didn't game, I'd never use a 60Hz display for my desktop because how much smoother scrolling and everything else. Compared to my desktop, scrolling on my phone looks terrible. This isn't the first 120Hz phone, just the first in NA. Sharp has been releasing 120Hz phones for over a year in Japan.

supaflyx3

As long as razer keeps nextbits software philosophy then this phone is shaping up to be the best phone of 2017. If the camera isn't shit that is

Lysrin

120Hz isn't just for gaming. All motion is going to look smoother. Even if I didn't game, I'd never use a 60Hz display for my desktop because how much smoother scrolling and everything else. Compared to my desktop, scrolling on my phone looks terrible. This isn't the first 120Hz phone, just the first in NA. Sharp has been releasing 120Hz phones for over a year in Japan.

Yeah I agree. I said it wasn't just for gaming in my post. I just meant having 120Hz for the mobile gaming use case isn't a requirement for me. I didn't say that very clearly perhaps.

I honestly don't notice 60Hz on my phone the same as I do on the 60Hz monitor. Perhaps the physical size makes a difference? I guess for me it isn't one of the must have features to run out and plop down that much money, but who knows, perhaps it could be if I experienced it in person! :biggrin:

Latest posts