What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Reboot after plugging USB device

ccm001

Website
www.google.com
I have the same motherboard and HAD the same issue. I did lots of reading over at asus forums and one solution has been working for me for 2 months now:

I disconnected the reset wire from the motherboard.

One theory is a power surge along the reset line when you plug something in the front panel usb ports. So try disconnecting and leaving off your reset wire/plug, see if that works for you and let me know by posting here.

Wurmer

The problem I had was when I used the usb front header, my computer would reset like when you use the button to that effect. As for my PCIE, all I can say is that I had a crossfire setup working ( 2x4850) for many months and all of the sudden after one such episode, my computer rebooted and I had lost my Xfire capability and was never able to get that PCIE working again. I think I'll get an RMA on that motherboard. Hearing from people here let me think that there is something intrinsically wrong with that model of MB. It's nice to find a solution such as the one suggested by the previous poster but in all honesty that something you shouldn't have to do with a motherboard. It sure wasn't meant to work that way. BTW for those who would wonder, both of GPU work well individually no problem so it's not a GPU problem.

Twitter