What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

reboot issues

Jhayman

I've been having this issue the last couple of weeks..
whenever I reboot vista it hangs on the loading screen the little bars that load just stop then go very very slow..
I've waited 10min still no boot.
I have to turn power switch off on PS then on again and it will boot.
Now I've unplugged sata cables and sometimes it boots, but always if I remove memory and reseat it boots..
I have manually entered timings and voltage but still have issue..
to the point I only reboot when absolutely nessasary because of this.
I've cleared bios default settings same thing happens.
I acctually thought it was a defective sata cable/drive till I played with it unplugged and switched cables and it happened again.
I have run memtest no errors..30min
I have 4 gig of ram even if I only have 2 gig running it sill does it.
Then take out that memory and put in other 2 gig still does it.
It's a new power supply.
So it does it the new and old power supplies
I have Vista on 1 500G drive and XP on another even if I reboot with either drive only connected it still does it.
It will always boot if I turn power supply switch off then on and if I remove memory and reseat it will boot, but not restart, it hangs on loading screen.

Not sure what the problem is..
Sig has all info..

Mindwarp

Well, you've ruled out the psu's, ram, the os, devices and cables. The only thing left that's central to your system is the mobo and/or cpu. Since the pc does post, I would rule out the cpu. I would pick the mobo as the culprit since it's only when you reset the psu that it boot's up. This suggests that something on the mobo is resetting allowing it to boot. Could be a power issue on the board itself. Look at the caps to see if any are leaking or puffed (I doubt it since the newer boards don't use bad caps like before but a cap can still go bad.) I'm also wondering if you have a bad ground. Are all your stand-offs ok? No wires stuffed behind the board causing the fault?

Jhayman

Hello..
It hangs on the startup..reboot.
I checked to see if that Java thing ( jusched .exe) is running and it is so I stopped in msconfig, still have issue..
:angry2:
I think i'm going to pull everything out and start from scratch.
I think it might be the board..all of the sudden..

Does it hang on the shutdown or the startup portion?

If this is a relatively new thing, have a look at what processes are running, and see if your CPU is showing a load while it should be at idle......

If you see jusched.exe as a process you're probably having the same issues I mentioned here.... http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/foru...olding-using-xp-vista-vmware-6.html#post21526

Jhayman

Well, you've ruled out the psu's, ram, the os, devices and cables. The only thing left that's central to your system is the mobo and/or cpu. Since the pc does post, I would rule out the cpu. I would pick the mobo as the culprit since it's only when you reset the psu that it boot's up. This suggests that something on the mobo is resetting allowing it to boot. Could be a power issue on the board itself. Look at the caps to see if any are leaking or puffed (I doubt it since the newer boards don't use bad caps like before but a cap can still go bad.) I'm also wondering if you have a bad ground. Are all your stand-offs ok? No wires stuffed behind the board causing the fault?
Hi Mindwarp..
Yes the stand off are ok only using the one's the board needs.
I do have alot of extra cables bunched up behind the other side panel but even with that side off it still does it..
I think you are right about the board being the problem..
I will find out when I take everything out and start from scratch..
Does anyone know if ASUS rna policy will send a new board first so I'm not left without a computer??

radmilo

The problem IS with motherboard...i have same board and same problem.
To be more specific problem is with onboard LAN card.
It seems that people from asus have the issue solved....
I haven't had time to test it....i've just got the rig yesterday, and i'm on ork now...
;)
Anyway, have a look at Asus forum->motherboards->P5KC it might help you!

(My first post, can't post links....Sorry)

Jhayman

Hi Radmilo..
Yes I think it's the board aswell..
yesterday I pulled out battery for 10min and placed jumper cap on pins 2&3.
But before I rebooted I also did a Intel chipset INF update and lan driver from Asus downloads..
Then I rebooted and all seems to be ok now..?
Weird why all of the sudden it started..
Anyways thanks to all who helped..:thumb:

davee

More reboot problems

Hi all, Iv just put together my 1st PC with the ASUS P5KC AiLifestyle Series iP35 Socket 775 mobo, and iv been haveing a simular problem but in my case, the bios wont even boot. The 1st time I turned it on it worked 100%, after restarting windows, I had to switch it off then on two times to get it to boot, after the 2nd time windows was restarted it was four times i had to switch the system on and off. I had to restart about 30+ times this morning.

As it fails to load even the bios im sure its the mobo, what whould you advise i do? and how can i upgrade my bios to hopefully fix this.

Latest posts