What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Reboot loop. No display

Flintblade

So my pc will enter a reboot loop when i start it up. It used to post and go to windows and then i dod the asus ez flash with the newest bios and now it wont get to bios even. Is it possibly an issue with the motherboard?

KaptCrunch

not good may have borked bios by using wrong file

what motherboard and its revision ?

remove power then push start to drain system then reset cmos, power back up to see if get screen

proxy

So what happens when you power on? Does it power on and output to the dispay at all? If you have a speaker hooked up do you get any PC speaker beeps? Does the PC just loads the mainboard splash screen or POST screen then reboots? Can you enter keyboard commands but it hangs and reboots while entering the BIOS?

If the battery removal and drain doesn't work you can try the Clear RTC RAM procedure courtesy (http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/285607-30-p8p67-updates):

Clear RTC RAM procedure

1. Turn OFF the computer and unplug the power cord.
2. Move the jumper cap from pins 1-2 (default) to pins 2-3. Keep the cap on pins 2-3 for about 5–10 seconds, then move the cap back to pins 1-2.
3. Plug the power cord and turn ON the computer.
4. Hold down the "Del" key during the boot process and enter BIOS setup to re-enter data.

*If the steps above do not help, remove the onboard battery and move the jumper again to clear the CMOS RTC RAM data. After the CMOS clearance, reinstall the battery.

KaptCrunch

again what MB Rev ? 3 or 3.1 look on motherboard to make sure you getting correct bios

$6 FOR 8Gb stick is the way to go to update from usb port on rear of MB, NOTE: stick must be formatted FAT16 with correct bios file on root (no file folder).....and flasher

or boot from asus MB cd (that matches MB) then flash stock bios then use asus suite to update bios

Last edited:

Flintblade

I think its 3.0. i just bought a 16gb usb, so ill try this utility. All i can do is get to the bios before it reboots, so i hope thats enough to fix the bios.

KaptCrunch

DON'T THINK for Revisions do mean something for its same name model with different guts under the hood, like a jag with a Ford or GM motor ...... are the parts inter-changeable

be sure to get the correct bios if not its a big paper weight or door stop