What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Recommend me a SSD plz

Delavan

Vertex 2 120Gb sells for $219 after MIR this week at NCIX.COM

btecanada

Agility 60GB OCZ, I got one recently for my HTPC set up couldn't be happier. I got Dead Rising 2 and RE 5 on it blazing fast boot up. Smooth boot in to XBMC.

AkG

The difference between the Agility 2 and Vertex 2 is the firmware. If you are going to get an Agility 2...might as well look around at the other mfg'ers as the Agility 2 is the same as teh Corsair Fore, Pat Inferno...etc etc.

Vertex 2 120 for 219 is a killer deal. IMHO.
As long as you OS is windows 7. I assume it is from your sig...but just in case this is for another XP/Vista based system....dont go the SF route unless you have a trim capable OS. Plan on running in AHCI modeo too otherwise you wont get TRIM and SF's get into a degraded state way to easily if TRIM is not a possibility!!!

Toe Blake

What about G.Skill

Nobody mentionned the G.Skill Phoenix Pro 120 Gb.

It's based on the same SandForce controller and boasts similar specs. I also have a great "relationship" with my G.Skill parts that never went bad.

Any reason for nobody recommending it?

I'm in the similar 200-250$ SSD buying mood and I'm eyeing either the OCZ Vertex 2 or G.Skill Phoenix pro 120Gb.

JD

Staff member
I think most lean towards OCZ because they offer the best support? IMO at least.

AkG

The 120 Phoenix is just another crippled SF drive. Nothing special as it also just uses the std mid teir nand. Unlike how the 100GB version did it (for at least a while anyways)

Hitikiro

I would also recommend OCZ Vertex 2. I just picked up a 60GB one and I am using it as a boot drive with some games. These Sandforce SSDs are speedy!

fishingfanatic

Storage

Well, the OCZ Vertex II was rated 7.9 of 7.9 in Windows rating. The Kingston was 7.4 and the Agility was 7.3.

Take the Windows rating with a grain of salt, as even the 980x and 1866 tri channel mem. only rate 7.7

I tried all 3 for an OS, and without a doubt would recommend the V II. For me, I would recommend the 120gb, though some people would say 60gb. More free space makes longer life cycle.

Newegg has them for about $245 + tax and shipping.
:biggrin::thumb:

Toe Blake

Well, the OCZ Vertex II was rated 7.9 of 7.9 in Windows rating. The Kingston was 7.4 and the Agility was 7.3.

Take the Windows rating with a grain of salt, as even the 980x and 1866 tri channel mem. only rate 7.7

I tried all 3 for an OS, and without a doubt would recommend the V II. For me, I would recommend the 120gb, though some people would say 60gb. More free space makes longer life cycle.

Newegg has them for about $245 + tax and shipping.
:biggrin::thumb:

Direct Canada has it for 208$ after MIR. With shipping and taxes, it's like 265$ and 235$ after the rebate.

OCZ Vertex 2 Extended Sandforce 120GB 2.5IN SATA2 Solid State Disk Flash Drive SSD - DirectCanada

Is that a good price or do you expect that it will go for much less with the black friday in a month or so?

Thanks for the info!

DooRules

the C300 Crucials are every bit as fast as Vertex 2's with the added advantage of being sata lll compatible

Latest posts