What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

RECOMMENDATION: Best gaming mouse and pad ??

Chess Gator

Hi fellows,

What is the best gaming mouse and mouse pad available these days?

Thank you,

CG

Lysrin

That really depends on what games you play. Requirements for competitive FPS gaming vs single player RPGs for example may be different depending on the user.

Also, do you want wired, wireless? Do you prefer a heavy or light or adjustable mouse? Several considerations.

I am currently running the Logitech G604 on a Glorious PC Gaming Stealth cloth mat and that combo is working great for me. I play a variety of games but I am not a competitive FPS player. I do fine in multiplayer FPS games, but my setup isn't geared to that specifically.

Chess Gator

Hi fellows,

The mouse is for a teenager that plays a variety of military games. You better let me know the best wireless and wired mice. In addition, the best hard mouse pad. Like all youngsters he enjoys video games and takes them seriously for his age :) I would not worry about the budget at this point!

Thank you,

CG

Izerous

Folding Team
Mice and pads are very much personal preference to a certain extent. Size of the hand grip style etc making it kind of hard to buy it for someone else without knowing more.

Mouse pad surfaces change etc also having an effect. I have a hard surface mouse pad I used to use but I have become really fond of the giant rollup cloth ones especially after cutting my self on several of the hard ones over time. And the past few years I have been personally using the razer mamba as I find it comfortable and I like being able to switch between wired/wireless.

And considering mice can easily hit $200, and some mouse pads easily hit $50 or more question of budget can still be important but with no limit it will be interesting to see what kind of suggestions come up.

Bond007

As with everything, there are lots of choices. Battery life with any wireless mouse having RGB is poor, unless you go for an expensive charging mat. I know some people have their issues, but I am partial to Logitech mice. Anything with the "hero" sensor seems to be very good, and it would be a matter of style you want.

Quality long battery life (AA) wireless mouse - G305, wired more gaming looking mouse - G502, wireless high end - g pro, etc...

It's really personal. I don't like a lot of buttons, don't care about RBG, and want wireless, so for me the G305 seems great, but for someone else it could be all wrong.

Lysrin

Mentioned my set up in my first post. Very pleased with it.

I prefer cloth mats or pads, and wireless mice just because the performance is comparable these days, gets rid of one wire on the desk, and the battery life is very good. And the G604 just takes regular rechargeable AA batteries so easy to keep charged without any proprietary cord or connection.

clshades

I bought the xxl corsair pad. 1/2" thick, lays flat out of the box with tons of room for mouse movement. Plastic type pads eventually wreck mouse feet, which sucks if the mouse is pricey.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Hi fellows,

The mouse is for a teenager that plays a variety of military games. You better let me know the best wireless and wired mice. In addition, the best hard mouse pad. Like all youngsters henjoys video games and takes them seriously for his age :) I would not worry about the budget at this point!

Thank you,

CG
Hey. It's me your teenage son.

Lysrin

I bought the xxl corsair pad. 1/2" thick, lays flat out of the box with tons of room for mouse movement. Plastic type pads eventually wreck mouse feet, which sucks if the mouse is pricey.

I think you mean 0.5 cm thick. 1/2 inch thick would be a mighty mouse pad indeed! :D

Latest posts

Twitter