What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Recommendation for Powered USB 3.2 hub?

crazyea

I have two self powered seagate backup plus portable drives that don't get enough power from my front panel inputs. If I connect them to the fp the data gets corrupted and they turn off and on. The do get enough power from the rear panel inputs.

So I'm wondering if the hub has enough power.

sswilson

Staff member
I have two self powered seagate backup plus portable drives that don't get enough power from my front panel inputs. If I connect them to the fp the data gets corrupted and they turn off and on. The do get enough power from the rear panel inputs.

So I'm wondering if the hub has enough power.

They don't get enough power when connected individually, or when both are connected at the same time? I can see them not working correctly when both are connected since they're drawing power off of the same MB header.

crazyea

They don't get enough power when connected individually, or when both are connected at the same time? I can see them not working correctly when both are connected since they're drawing power off of the same MB header.

Individually. It may be an Asus thing not sending enough voltage as I swapped both case and motherboard when the issues arose. It does also say in the seagate literature not to connect them to the front panel, but to always use the back.

Also, it works fine on usb2.0 but not 3.

Last edited:

sswilson

Staff member
Revisiting this topic rather than creating a new thread.....

Has anything changed on this front over the last few months? Are there any decent hubs worthy of being plugged into a 3.2 Gen 2 port that might make use of the 10Gbps throughput?

edit: I'm thinking more along the lines of a universal hub rather than a straight up USB hub.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Twitter